(Updated December 20, 2023)
Openings, Closures, and Acquisitions
- Jacobs Private Equity managing partner Brad Jacobs announced his intention to create a new company in building products distribution, to be called QXO.
- Carolina Structural Systems is establishing its first South Carolina operation in Anderson County.
Click here to view previous openings, closures, and acquisitions from the fourth quarter.
Dealer, Distributor, and Manufacturer News
- MoistureShield is partnering with Amerhart to expand distribution of its decking portfolio in Jackson and Traverse City, Mich.
- Specialty Building Products is collaborating with TOOLBX, an e-commerce platform for independent lumber and building supply dealers.
- Builders FirstSource has been added to the S&P 500.
- Masonite International Corporation is acquiring PGT Innovations.
- Kodiak Building Partners brought in $500,000 for its foundation through its first annual charitable golf tournament.
Click here to view previous dealer, distributor, and manufacturer news from the quarter.
Construction Supply People in the News
- Roseburg named Tony Ramm as senior vice president of human resources and labor.
- LMC named Mike Tester as its new south central regional manager.
- The Northeastern Retail Lumber Association (NRLA) announced Doug Ford of Curtis Lumber has been elected as its new chair.
Click here to view previous personnel announcements from the fourth quarter.
- Envision Outdoor Living Products launched three composite decking colors featuring its Cool Tread Technology.
- Petersen introduced the PAC-CLAD Board and Batten wall panel system.
- Sonoma Forge expanded its Brut Collection with a bar/prep faucet.
Click here to view previous product announcements from the quarter.