(Updated December 21, 2022)
Openings, Closures, and Acquisitions
- Kodiak Building Partners announced the acquisition of Diamond Home Improvement.
- Nation’s Best acquired Forslund Building Supply.
- Beacon opened greenfield locations in Brownsville and Georgetown, Texas.
Click here to view previous openings, closures, and acquisitions from the fourth quarter.
Dealer, Distributor, and Manufacturer News
- Accoya USA broke ground on a manufacturing facility in June and is on track to begin manufacturing Accoya in early 2024.
- LP Building Solutions announced the company donated more than $680,000 in 2022 through its LP Foundation and other corporate giving initiatives.
- Boise Cascade’s Building Materials Distribution division expanded its distribution capacity in two markets. The company acquired 45 acres in Walterboro, S.C. to build a new distribution facility and closed on the purchase of a 34-acre land parcel in Hondo, Texas for another distribution facility.
- The Lumbermen’s Association of Texas (LAT) announced a partnership with UFP Industries to bring the Texas LBM industry together for the 2023 LAT Action Day at the Texas Capitol in Austin.
- International Wood Products (IWP) entered a distribution agreement at five Western locations with fiber cement siding product manufacturer Allura.
- The Home Depot opened four stores in Mexico, bringing its store count in the country to 133.
- Benjamin Obdyke added a product representation firm in Ontario: TWS Building Science. TWS will help grow brand awareness for Benjamin Obdyke in the region while providing technical support to end users, according to the company.
- Trusscore announced a recycling partnership with Return Polymers.
- McCoy’s Building Supply was honored as the 2022 “Philanthropist of the Year” award by the Texas Association of Builders (TAB).
- ProWood, the brand of UFP Retail Solutions that produces pressure treated wood products, reported an increase in chemicals will result in rising prices of materials.
Click here to view previous dealer, distributor, and manufacturer news from the quarter.
Construction Supply People in the News
- JELD-WEN Holdings appointed William Christensen as chief executive officer.
- TAMLYN announced CEO and chairman Tom Tamlyn will retire at the end of the year. He will be succeeded by current president and chief operating officer Miguel Gonzales. Tamlyn’s position as chairman of the board will be assumed by Rusty Tamlyn.
- Kodiak Building Partners announced the promotion of Scott Barton to the position of vice president of national accounts relations, effective January 1, 2023.
Click here to view previous personnel announcements from the fourth quarter.
- Allied Air Enterprises introduced a Pro Series offering that features new heat pumps (4SHP22LX and 4SHP18LX) and an air conditioner (4SCU23LX).
- Mitsubishi Electric Trane HVAC US now offers the EZ FIT MLZ-06 Recessed Ceiling-Cassette.
Click here to view previous product announcements from the quarter.