(Updated September 27, 2023)
Openings, Closures, and Acquisitions
- Park Hardware celebrated its grand opening in Severna Park, Md.
- Generac Power Systems announced plans to build a new manufacturing facility in Beaver Dam, Wis.
- Do it Best member-owned Lugbill Supply Center hosted a grand reopening ceremony in Archbold, Ohio.
Click here to view previous openings, closures, and acquisitions from the third quarter.
Dealer, Distributor, and Manufacturer News
- The Northwestern Lumber Association will rebrand as BLD Connection, effective October 1.
- 84 Lumber donated $155,884 to the Westmoreland-Fayette Council at its 33rd Annual 84 Lumber Invitational. The dealer also donated $15,000 to the Mountaineer Food Bank.
- Cameron Ashley Building Products announced a distribution partnership with Roseburg Forest Products.
- The National Wood Flooring Association welcomed AHF Products, Mirage, Vintage Hardwood Flooring, and Preverco to the NWFA Engineered Refinishable Program.
- West Fraser Timber has signed an agreement to sell its Quesnel River Pulp mill and its Slave Lake Pulp mill to Atlas Holding.
- AHF Products entered an agreement with Spartan Surfaces; Spartan Surfaces will have exclusive distribution for the full line of Parterre luxury vinyl flooring products.
- Diablo Tools announced a 531,000 square-foot warehouse and distribution facility will open in the Piedmont Triad area of North Carolina in early 2024.
- 84 Lumber announced Andersen Windows & Doors as its 2023 Vendor of the Year.
- Canadian lumber producer Canfor announced that VIDA AB will acquire a 50 million board foot sawmill from Ingarp Träskydd for 50 million SEK (US $ 4.45 million).
Click here to view previous dealer, distributor, and manufacturer news from the quarter.
Construction Supply People in the News
- Makita appointed Sean Okada as president and CEO.
- Masco Corporation elected Richard Westeenberg as vice president and chief financial officer.
- HD Supply, a wholly owned subsidiary of The Home Depot, announced Marc Brown has been named CEO.
Click here to view previous personnel announcements from the third quarter.
- Esco Tool introduced an air-powered portable pipe machining tool.
- Aspire Pavers introduced 16-inch-by-16-inch pavers.
Click here to view previous product announcements from the quarter.