The National Lumber and Building Material Dealers Association (NLBMDA) elected its new leadership team at the ProDealer Industry Summit in Chicago. The LBMDA Board of Directors elected Robert P. Sanford, president of Connecticut-based Sanford and Hawley, as the organization's new chairman. Sanford will replace Rick Lierz, president and CEO of Franklin Building Supply.
“Housing, and by extension, the lumberyards and building material dealers that supply the industry, are integral to a vital economy and to our nation’s continued success," Sanford said. "With the ever-changing legislative landscape in Washington, it is more important than ever that we continue to represent our collective interests in our nation’s capital so that we may all thrive in the years ahead."
Founded in 1884, Sanford and Hawley is the oldest business in Farmington, Conn. It is owned by the same family and is run in the same location as when it began 134 years ago. Sanford has been an active member of the NLBMDA for decades and has "consistently shown a passion for serving other" NLBMDA president and CEO Jonathon Paine said.
Other members of the 2018-2019 NLBMDA Executive Committee include:
- Chair-Elect: Russ Kathrein, Alexander Lumber, Bloomington, Ill.
- First Vice Chair: Jim Bishop, Vesta Lee Lumber, Bonner Springs, Kan.
- Immediate Past Chair: Rick Lierz, Franklin Building Supply, Boise, Idaho
- MSC Chair: Clarence Wilkerson, Weyerhaeuser, Federal Way, Wash.
- FAE Chair: Cody Nuernberg, Northwestern Lumber Association, Dakota, Wisc.
- Treasurer: Scott Engquist, Engquist Lumber, Harcourt, Iowa