Beacon released its second annual Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) Report, which provides an expanded and quantified view of Beacon’s Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) commitments which are rooted in the company’s values.
“Our 2022 CSR Report highlights the winning culture we are building which is an integral part of Beacon’s Ambition 2025 strategy,” Julian Francis, Beacon’s president and CEO, said in a news release. “We have worked hard to train and engage every employee in operating safely, to provide talent development opportunities that build careers, and to establish partnerships to support and uplift our communities.”
Francis highlighted how Beacon is making “early progress” on its emissions intensity reduction by focusing on fleet and facilities to improve fuel efficiency and reduce energy consumption.
Highlights of the report include:
- Beacon’s safety performance data, providing transparency about OSHA indicators;
- Beacon’s employee diversity data, disclosing gender and ethnicity of the distributor’s management team;
- Details of Beacon’s charitable partnerships with Rebuilding Together and K9s For Warriors;
- Beacon’s efforts related to skill building and helping employees “reach their full potential”;
- Beacon’s greenhouse gas scope 1 and 2 emissions intensity and progress toward the company’s 2030 goal of 50% reduction;
- Beacon’s total energy use and initiatives to reduce the energy impact of Beacon’s birch network;
- Beacon’s total and per-branch water usages; and
- Details on how Beacon conducts stakeholder engagement to “gain insights and promote continuous improvement”