ProSales is, once again, looking to recognize future leaders in the LBM industry by opening the nomination period for the Four Under 40 awards program.
The annual Four Under 40 competition chooses four individuals under the age of 40 who have demonstrated great success in the industry and the potential to lead. If you have future leader at your company that you'd like to honor, nominate him or her to become a member of the ProSales Four Under 40 class.
Winners will be profiled in the January/February 2020 issue of ProSales magazine. They will also receive recognition at the 2020 ProSales 100 Conference. The annual ProSales 100 Conference—which will be held in Arlington, Texas February 26-28—provides an unmatched opportunity for tomorrow’s potential leaders to meet today’s top executives. Our formal sessions and casual social activities make it possible for smart, talented younger professionals to learn what it takes to manage a successful LBM organization today.
Here’s what you need to know about nominations:
Round One: Nominations
Any manager or executive at a building material supply dealer, as well as any industry consultant, is invited to nominate a candidate. There’s no limit on the number of candidates from a company that can be nominated, but if all are selected, all must be able to attend the ProSales 100 Conference.
- Work at a lumberyard, specialty building material dealer, or a distributor.
- Be born in January 1980 or later.
- Be able to attend the ProSales 100 Conference; do not nominate a candidate who will be unable to attend.
To nominate someone, you must:
- Fill out the form below indicating the candidate’s name, current title, work location, and birth date.
- Tell us why, in your opinion, this candidate has the potential to be an executive within the LBM industry. Give examples of leadership potential.
- Share how this candidate has influenced colleagues/associates.
- Indicate the potential career path you see for this candidate. This path need not always be at your company.
- You can also email the above information to ProSales editor-in-chief David Myron ([email protected]) and assistant editor Vince Salandro ([email protected]).
- All nominations are due by November 15
Round Two: Essay Applications
ProSales staff will inform select candidates that they have been nominated to be part of the Four Under 40 class. If the nominees choose to pursue this honor, they must:
- Write an essay of no more than 400 words. The essay must detail the nominee's achievements in the industry and career goals.
- Email the essay to David Myron ([email protected]) and Vince Salandro ([email protected]) by November 25.
Use the form below to nominate your candidate.