The four are:
- Daryl Lundberg, owner of Northwoods Lumber, which has operations in the towns of Bemidji and Blackduck, Minn.
- Bruce Shelton, general manager of Capps Home Building Center in Moneta, Va.
- Rick Davis, president of Building Leaders, a Chicago-based consultancy that helps improve dealers’ sales skills. He also has written ProSales’ “Sell Sheet” column for more than 10 years.
- Chris Rader, president of Rader Solutions, a technology company based in Lafayette, La.
The ProSales Excellence Awards was created to celebrate achievements in facility design, marketing, technology, and operations (see past winners). The judges are the only people who decide submissions are so notable they deserve to be shared with the rest of the lumber and building material community. "Just opening a new showroom or creating an ad isn’t enough," ProSales Editor-in-Chief Craig Webb says. "We want our prizes to go to groundbreaking achievements."
Dealers and distributors can enter any of seven categories:
- Facility design
- Showroom design
- Marketing (which can include more than ads)
The judges have wide latitude in deciding which projects deserve prizes. They can give awards to several candidates in the same category or conclude that there’s not a single contestant in a particular category that should get anything. It’s their call.
There are two types of prizes. Grand Award winners get a trophy, a story in the November/December issue of ProSales, and $500 to give to the charity of their choice. Merit Award winners receive a certificate, $150 for charity, and an article about them.
Click here for more details and learn how to enter. Early-bird rates will continue until July 28.