- Huttig Building Products named Marco Oropeza general manager of its Dallas, Texas branch.
- West Fraser is expanding its operations in Newberry, S.C. More.
- Key-Link Fencing & Railing announced it will now have a vertical stainless steel cable infill option for its American Series Aluminum Railing Series.
- Cardinal Building Products will now distribute KOMA Building Products at its Leola, Pa., location.
- Deceuninck North America will be holding the grand opening of its new Reno, Nev., facility.
- Sto Corp. is now part of Material ConneXion’s product library.
- Fairway Building Products is now Fairway Architectural Railing Solutions.
- Barbara Douglas, executive vice president of the Lumbermen’s Association of Texas and Louisiana, will retire on June 30, 2017, after spending more than 30 years with the regional LBM group.
- Weyerhaeuser has moved its headquarters to downtown Seattle after spending decades at its campus in Federal Way, Wash. Story
- Cambria named Tripp Parker its new senior vice president and senior director of its North American Sales Division.
- Mark Lipsius will oversee Chelsea Building Products' Everlast Advanced composite siding business.
- Edura Products, Inc. filed a lawsuit against GPI Millworks claiming GPI marketed and sold copies of Endura’s patented Door Sill Threshold Cap and The Simple Solution-brand of watertight door seals.
- Mid-State Lumber hired four new employees: Bryan Hess as territory sales manager, based in Long Island, N.Y.; Megan Carbone as an inside sales representative, based in Branchburg, N.J.; Robert Kososki as an inside sales representative, also at Branchburg, N.J.; and Sandi Dinsky Mayglothling has joined the commodity sales division of Mid-State, based in Long Island, N.Y.
- The West Coast Lumber & Building Material Association elected Victor Fresca of Dixieline Lumber (part of Builders FirstSource) as its president for 2017. Mark Boone of Champion Lumber will serve as first vice president, Sean Fogarty of Osborne Lumber is the immediate past president, and Augie Venezia of Fairfax Lumber will chair the government affairs group.
- Deltic Timber Corporation announced its president and CEO, Ray Dillon will retire. The company has named D. Mark Leland as interim president and CEO.
- Custom Equipment, Inc. named David Carlson its new North American sales manager.
- Daryl Lundberg of Northwoods Lumber Company has been named chairman of the Northwestern Lumber Association’s Board of Directors.
- Novik named Mark Eliasson as its sales director for Key Accounts.
- Central Companies, parent of Power Track Doors, purchased Heartland Perma-Column. Heartland will now be Central Perma-Column.
- Workers at Metropolitan Lumber's Jamaica location in New York, N.Y. held a rally outside the yard to get the company to improve its safety. More.
- Vermont Retail Lumber Dealers Association named Joe Miles, president of r.k. MILES, Inc., Manchester, Vt., its 2016 Lumber Person of the Year.
- GMS named Alan Adams its vice president and chief information officer.
- Tamko expanded its line of Envision decking by introducing the colored Envision Expressions boards.
- Deckorators released a tablet version of its Deck Visualizer app. It also released its Vault composite decking in a Hickory color.
- Thompson Mahogany named Rob Nienaber Lumber Division general manager and James Larkey Decking Division general manager.
- BlueLinx named Shannon Lowe general manager of its Chicago location. Lynn Noesser will become general manager of BlueLinx’s Dallas/Ft. Worth and El Paso locations.
- Saberis launched its new SaberisConnect, a cloud-based system that allows users to integrate vendor quotation/order systems with POS/ERP systems.
- National Nail named Greg Palmer its marketing director.
- Kingspan launched its Kooltherm rigid thermoset insulation in the U.S.
- UFPD, a division of Universal Forest Products, will now distributed TYTAN professional brand of foams, sealants, and adhesives.
- Weyerhaeuser will distribute ClipStone mortarless stone veneer products at its Atlanda, Ga., and Jacksonville, Fla. locations.
- ABC Supply has named 25 new managing partners. See the list.
- Jean Fahy was promoted to division manager for Building Material Sales at Do it Best Corp.
- Distribution Jacques-Cartier will distribute Beauflor flooring to eastern Canada.