- Guardian Building Products will consolidate its Joplin, Mo. facility into the recently acquired Hawkeye Building Distributors facility in Joplin, Mo.
- Gary Campbell, longtime president of VNS, which is now part of BMC, is retiring as of the end of the 2016.
- Sto Corp. named Paul B. Bieber as its vice president of Sales.
- OrePac Building Products will expand its distribution of DuPont Tyvek Weatherization products throughout the Hawaiian islands, Montana, northern Wyoming, and the western regions of North Dakota and South Dakota.
- The Freedonia Group has released its Roofing Underlay Market in the US study which indicates that the demand for synthetic roofing underlays more than doubled between 2005 and 2015. More.
- PGT Innovations announced it unites three window and door manufacturers: CGI, PGT Customer Windows Doors, and WinDoor. It will present its new designs at the 2017 International Builders' Show.
- Endura Products will acquire Contact Industries, Inc.
- Sherwood Lumber Corp. named Jason Rastad its new regional director, Engineered Wood & Speciality Products.
- Chad Love has been named director of sales for Laticrete Supercap.
- Met Golfer featured Steve Boyd, president of Manufacturers Reserve Supply, Irvington, N.J. Article.
- Kemper System America, Inc., will acquire STS Coatings, Inc.
- Arrow Fastener launched its new interactive website.
- Wolf Home Products has partnered with PrimeSource Building Products to distribute Wolf's PVC decking throughout the Midwest.
- Shaun Nelson is the new regional sales manager at BlueTarp for the Midwest region. Nelson will cover Minnesota, Iowa, Nebraska, North Dakota, and South Dakota.
- Eric Tucker, president of Beatty Lumber and Millwork, Upper Darby, Pa., has been named chair of the board of directors for the Eastern Building Material Dealers Association.
- Tracey Belcourt has been named Fortune Brands Home & Security's vice president of global growth and development.
- Tom B. Highley has been named CEO of Novo Building Products, which was previously known as Tenon Holdings' shares in NACS USA, Inc. and is owned by Blue Wolf. He previously served as president and CEO of Guardian Building Products.
- ACS Marketing will now represent Geberit plumbing products in the Southern California, Arizona, and Las Vegas markets.
- Martin Siwy has been named vice president of marketing for ThermaSol. Ryan Paul will become ThermaSol's vice president of sales.
- HPM Building Supply, Kailua-Kona, Hawaii, is celebrating its 95th anniversary. More.
- Tommy Saunders has been named manager of McCoy's Building Supply's Beeville, Texas, location. McCoy's also named Sal Lopez manager at its Kingsville, Texas, location.
- Buyers Products named Shawn Kennedy as its national accounts manager.
- U.S. LBM named Patrick McGuiness its new executive vice president and CFO. More.
- Cleary Millwork will acquire Wholesale Doors on Jan. 3, 2017. More.
- Professional Builders Supply was recently ranked as one of the fastest growing privately held companies by the Triangle Business Journal. This marks the 10th time the company has received the award, including a #2 ranking in 2006 and a #1 ranking in 2013.
- Charles David Ziemke, retired owner of Camden Builder's Supply in Camden, S.C., has passed away.
- Javan Lapp has been named chief operations officer for Superior Plastic Products and its affiliate companies.
- A two-alarm fire engulfed Bean's Lumber Co., Royersford, Pa., on Sunday. More.
- Chelsea Building Products has announced a partnership with Hood Distribution to distribute Chelsea's Everlast advanced composite siding to the Northeastern United States.
- Shannon Burnett was named regional director for the Eastern Building Material Dealers Association and the Northeastern Young Lumber Executives.
- Bonded Building Materials, Inc., will now distribute Roofinox's tin-plated (Terne) roofing products.
- Leah Fennell has been named president of the Massachusetts Retail Lumber Dealers Association.
- A new manufacturing plant for OSB for RoyOMartin is set to open in fall 2017 in East Texas. More.
- RoyOMartin has been named the Louisiana Association of Business and Industry's 2016 Manufacturer of the Year.
- Tavi Rendon has been named chief culture officer of Superior Plastic Products and its affiliates.
- Pella has promoted four new vice presidents: Cole Adrian is divisional VP of luxury; Matt Poulter is divisional VP of direct sales; Ben Cox is divisional VP of sales subsidiaries; and Bill DeMeulenaere is vice president.
- GMS announced an amendment to its ABL Credit agreement that will wxpand the ABL to $345 million and lower the applicable rate per annum to 0.25%. More.
- The National Association of Wholesaler-Distributors' NAW Institute for Distribution Excellence has released its 11th Edition of its Leading Industry Trends Report.
- Hardwoods Specialty Products US - LP has been named the exclusive VIVA distributor in California and Arizona.
- The Building Material Suppliers Association has a new location at 3029 Senna Drive, Matthews, N.C. 28105. Phone is 704-376-1503.
- Cory Elmore has been named manager of McCoy's Building Supply's New Braunfels, Texas, location.
- TreeHouse, Inc., an eco-friendly LBM store, will introduce an e-commerce platform on Nov. 23. More.
- The Rhode Island Lumber and Building Material Dealers Association named Ray Angell, VP of L. Sweet Lumber Company, Providence, R.I., as its 2016 Lumber Person of the Year.
- Intercorp released new product and submittal catalogs.
- Mid-State Lumber opened its new sales and training center in Andover, Mass.
- Sto Corp. named Shingo Watada as its product manager of coatings, specialty finishes, and reStore.
- The Rhode Island Lumber and Building Material Dealers Association collected 1,100 pounds of food to donate to the Rhode Island Community Food Bank.
- Airmaster is moving is headquarters to a new facility in Clarklake, Mich. The company also introduced a new logo.
- Western Building Material Association elected several new officers: Kimberly Akre, co-owner of Pacific Building Center, has been named the first woman president of WBMA; Trent Withers, Withers Lumber Company, and Brett LaMar, Lake Chelan Building Supply, have been named vice presidents.
- Rick Jensen of Bayview Building Materials, Elma, Wash., was given the Distinguished Dealer Award by the Western Building Material Association.
- Disdero Lumber Company, Clackamas, Ore., was named Supplier of the Year by the Western Building Material Association.
- Mid-America Lumbermens Association named several new board members: Chris Cleaver, Cleaver Farm & Home, Chanute, Kan., was named president; Adam Hendrix, Chic Lumber & Hardware, St. Peters, Mo., was named first VP; Hatch McCray, McCray Lumber Millwork, Kansas City, Kan., was named second VP; and Matt Graham, Miltonvale Lumber, Miltonvale, Kan., was named third VP.
- Andrew Miller, CEO of Stimson Lumber, was named American Wood Council’s chairman for a one-year term.
- Huttig has created its HuttiGrip Division to expand its private label construction fastener and building products line.
- 84 Lumber is celebrating its 60th anniversary. More.
- Central Valley Builders Supply will expand its offerings of Simpson Strong-Tie products.
- Eliza Robbins, a student at Maine Community College, was award the Retail Lumber Dealers Association of Maine’s Brian C. Thayer Memorial Scholarship. Robbins is earning an associate degree in Building Construction Technology.
- BlueTarp Financial named Sean Riley its regional sales manager of the Mid-Atlantic region. It named Willie Hertford its regional sales manager of the Northwest region.
- Richard N. Biewer, president of Biewer Lumber, passed away.
- Deceuninck North America named Dave Pirwitz its new sales manager of the Northwest region and appointed Scott Ricke as its customer experience manager.
- McCoy's Building Supply named Rey Moreno the manager of its Odessa, Texas, location.
- Fein US named Attila Madarasz as its new president and CEO.
- Nick Talarico was named vice president of Sales and Business Development at Do it Best Corp.
- Peter Jackson was named senior vice president and chief financial officer of Builders FirstSource.
- Huber Engineered Woods will reopen its Spring City, Tenn., facility in 2018.
- Mid-Hudson Lumber Dealers Association named Arden Dean of Superior Building Supply, Neversink, N.Y., as its 2016 Lumber Person of the Year.
- PM Fixtures, a division of the Purcell Murray Company, will represent Easy Drain throughout the west coast.
- Steven L. Stroder has been named CEO of California TrusFrame.
- Gary Nackers, vice president of Lumber and Building Materials at Do It Best Corp., was awarded the Chairman’s Award by the NLBMDA.
- Pella Corporation acquired Duratherm Windows Corporation.
- Roseburg's Solid Wood Business named Ashlee Cribb its new sales director.
- PrimeSource acquired Northeast Wholesale. More.
- Evan MacDermott, of Coastal Forest Products, was named the Lumber Dealers Association of Connecticut's 2016 Lumber Person of the Year.
- The Board of Directors of Pennsylvania & Indiana Lumbermens Mutual Insurance Companies appointed C. Richard Peterson as chairman of the board for both PLM and ILM.
- BlueLinx Holdings announced the extension of the maturity of its revolving credit agreement with banks led by Wells Fargo Bank, National Association. More.
- The New York and Long Island Lumber Association named Edgar Goodale of Riverhead Building Supply its 2016 Lumber Person of the Year.
- Walter Foxworth, of Foxworth-Galbraith Lumber Company, and Gary Nackers, vice president of Do It Best Corporation, were both honored at the National Lumber and Building Material Dealers Association's Installation Dinner event.
- ABC Supply finalized its purchase of L&W Supply from USG. More.
- Blue Tarp named Bill Spencer its regional sales manager for southern California, southern Nevada, and Arizona.
- LP named Brad Southern its chief operating officer. More.
- McCoy's Building Supply's CEO, Brian McCoy, has joined the No Plane No Gain campaign to promote business aviation. More.
- Two of Hancock Lumber's Eastern White Pine Mills received certification into the Department of Labor's Safety and Health Achievement Recognition Program. Hancock Lumber is one of the few U.S. lumber companies to own timber mills.
- Panasonic Eco Solutions North America named Jim Shelton its new vice president of the Eco Products division.
- Boise Cascade will distribute Boral Versetta Stone at five new facilities: Boise, Idaho; Idaho Falls, Idaho; Grand Junction, Colo.; Salt Lake City; and Spokane, Wash.
- Northern New York Lumber Dealers Association awarded its 2016 Industry Excellence Award to Joe Vernon Lamb III, Lamb Lumber Company, Lake Placid, N.Y.
- Town & Country Industries, a division of ABC Supply acquired the assets of Ace Aluminum Distributors, Inc., Casselberry, Fla.
- Sherwood Lumber named Kyle Little chief operating officer.
- The Northeastern Retail Lumber Association presented its Paul S. Collier Award to David Moore, president of Wiley Brothers, Schaghticoke, N.Y.
- ProGroup and Reliable Distributors, Inc. have merged. More.
- Massachusetts Retail Lumber Dealers Association (MRLDA) awarded Michael, Gerard, and Jack Moynihan, Moynihan Lumber Company, Reading, Mass., its 2016 Lifetime Achievement Award. MRLDA awarded its 2016 Lumber Person of the Year award to Tom McNulty, Hingham Lumber Company, Cohasset, Mass.
- Huttig Building Products named Marco Oropeza general manager of its Dallas, Texas branch.
- West Fraser is expanding its operations in Newberry, S.C. More.
- Key-Link Fencing & Railing announced it will now have a vertical stainless steel cable infill option for its American Series Aluminum Railing Series.
- Cardinal Building Products will now distribute KOMA Building Products at its Leola, Pa., location.
- Deceuninck North America will be holding the grand opening of its new Reno, Nev., facility.
- Sto Corp. is now part of Material ConneXion’s product library.
- Fairway Building Products is now Fairway Architectural Railing Solutions.
- Barbara Douglas, executive vice president of the Lumbermen’s Association of Texas and Louisiana, will retire on June 30, 2017, after spending more than 30 years with the regional LBM group.
- Weyerhaeuser has moved its headquarters to downtown Seattle after spending decades at its campus in Federal Way, Wash. Story
- Cambria named Tripp Parker its new senior vice president and senior director of its North American Sales Division.
- Mark Lipsius will oversee Chelsea Building Products' Everlast Advanced composite siding business.
- Edura Products, Inc. filed a lawsuit against GPI Millworks claiming GPI marketed and sold copies of Endura’s patented Door Sill Threshold Cap and The Simple Solution-brand of watertight door seals.
- Mid-State Lumber hired four new employees: Bryan Hess as territory sales manager, based in Long Island, N.Y.; Megan Carbone as an inside sales representative, based in Branchburg, N.J.; Robert Kososki as an inside sales representative, also at Branchburg, N.J.; and Sandi Dinsky Mayglothling has joined the commodity sales division of Mid-State, based in Long Island, N.Y.
- The West Coast Lumber & Building Material Association elected Victor Fresca of Dixieline Lumber (part of Builders FirstSource) as its president for 2017. Mark Boone of Champion Lumber will serve as first vice president, Sean Fogarty of Osborne Lumber is the immediate past president, and Augie Venezia of Fairfax Lumber will chair the government affairs group.
- Deltic Timber Corporation announced its president and CEO, Ray Dillon will retire. The company has named D. Mark Leland as interim president and CEO.
- Custom Equipment, Inc. named David Carlson its new North American sales manager.
- Daryl Lundberg of Northwoods Lumber Company has been named chairman of the Northwestern Lumber Association’s Board of Directors.
- Novik named Mark Eliasson as its sales director for Key Accounts.
- Central Companies, parent of Power Track Doors, purchased Heartland Perma-Column. Heartland will now be Central Perma-Column.
- Workers at Metropolitan Lumber's Jamaica location in New York, N.Y. held a rally outside the yard to get the company to improve its safety. More.
- Vermont Retail Lumber Dealers Association named Joe Miles, president of r.k. MILES, Inc., Manchester, Vt., its 2016 Lumber Person of the Year.
- GMS named Alan Adams its vice president and chief information officer.
- Tamko expanded its line of Envision decking by introducing the colored Envision Expressions boards.
- Deckorators released a tablet version of its Deck Visualizer app. It also released its Vault composite decking in a Hickory color.
- Thompson Mahogany named Rob Nienaber Lumber Division general manager and James Larkey Decking Division general manager.
- BlueLinx named Shannon Lowe general manager of its Chicago location. Lynn Noesser will become general manager of BlueLinx’s Dallas/Ft. Worth and El Paso locations.
- Saberis launched its new SaberisConnect, a cloud-based system that allows users to integrate vendor quotation/order systems with POS/ERP systems.
- National Nail named Greg Palmer its marketing director.
- Kingspan launched its Kooltherm rigid thermoset insulation in the U.S.
- UFPD, a division of Universal Forest Products, will now distributed TYTAN professional brand of foams, sealants, and adhesives.
- Weyerhaeuser will distribute ClipStone mortarless stone veneer products at its Atlanda, Ga., and Jacksonville, Fla. locations.
- ABC Supply has named 25 new managing partners. See the list.
- Jean Fahy was promoted to division manager for Building Material Sales at Do it Best Corp.
- Distribution Jacques-Cartier will distribute Beauflor flooring to eastern Canada.