- DAP Products appointed two new construction specialists for Central Texas and the Mid-Atlantic, Mike Cozzone and Steve Padgett.
- LBM recruiting firm Snapdragon Associates has moved to a new headquarters in Bedford, New Hampshire.
- FastenersPlus.com has expanded their offerings with wood connectors from Simpson Strong-Tie.
- Pixley Lumber celebrated its 51st anniversary this year. Read the full story
- Boise Cascade CEO Tom Corrick was elected chairman of the American Wood Council. Andrew Miller, CEO of Stimson Lumber, was elected fist vice-chairman, and Allyn Ford, president and CEO of Roseburg Forest Products, was elected second vice-chairman.
- Becky Mancuso is the new Marketing/PR vice president at 84 Lumber. Read the full story
- Alpine Lumber founder Jim Kurtz and Buck Lumber Company founder Edgar Buck Sr. have died. Read the full story
- Jamie Byrne is the new vice president of sales for Overhead Door in the access systems division.
- Matt Wentzel has been promoted to branch manager of ABC Supply's Davenport, Iowa location.
- Todd Bardell has been named manager of the Dubuque, Iowa ABC Supply location.
- American Standard Brands opened a new industrial design studio at its Piscataway, NJ facility.
- Joe Kauffman is the new senior territory manager - Midwest for Novik.
- Roxul USA will build its first North American acoustic ceiling manufacturing facility in Marshall County, Miss.
- Mark A. Beck has been named president and CEO of Jeld-Wen beginning November 30.
- Weekes Forest Products and F. P. Supply will begin distributing Weyerhaeuser products in the upper Midwest and the Mid-Atlantic.
- Builders FirstSource will have a public offering of 7,000,000 shares of common stock. Learn more here
- USG Corporation partnered with Honeybee Robotics to test the Honeybee Planetary Deep Drill System, part of its Mars exploration program. Read the full story
- National Builder Supply is now Supply.com.
- Charley Miller of the Miller Lumber Company was elected president of the Western Building Material Association. Read the full list of new leadership
- Seven D Wholesale will now distribute Novik products throughout the Northeast.
- Joe Kauffmann has joined the Novik sales team as senior territory manager - Midwest.
- U.S. Lumber will distribute Georgia-Pacific's engineered lumber in the Baltimore market.
- Sherwood Lumber Company will begin distributing Georgia-Pacific engineered lumber throughout the Pittsburgh market.
- Crystal Window & Door Systems purchased a 226-acre property in Pennsylvania to expand its production capabilities.
- Grady Mulberry has been chosen as Roseburg Forest Products new president. Allyn Ford will remain CEO until 2017.
- RDI and Amerhart have entered an agreement for Amerhart to distribute RDI products in several of its Midwest locations.
- Timber Products Company has completed its purchase of SierraPine's Ampine Particleboard facility in Martel, Calif.
- Weyerhaeuser is buying Plum Creek to form the largest private owner of timber land in the U.S. Read the full story
- The Mid-America Lumbermens Association announced its new board of directors for 2015-2016. Jim Bishop of Vesta Lee Lumber in Bonner Springs, Kan., is the new president. Joining him on the board are first vice president Chris Cleaver, Cleaver Farm & Home, Chanute, Kan.; second vice president Adam Hendrix, Chic Lumber, St. Peters, Mo.; and third vice president Hatch McCray, McCray Lumber and Millwork, Kansas City, Kan.
- Chad Crowe, president and CFO of Builders' FirstSource has been awarded CFO of the year from the Dallas Business Journal. Read the full storyydusvvzf
- Weyerhaeuser distribution's Atlanta and Charlotte, N.C. locations now offer Gossen millwork and decking products.
- BlueLinx will distribute dasso.XTR bamboo products in the United States.
- John Nunley of Better Living Building Supply was named Person of the Year by the Fluvanna County Chamber of Commerce. Read the full story
- Mid-State Lumber of Branchburg, N.J. is now a full line Benjamin Obdyke distributor.
- Angel Garcia was appointed manager at the McCoy's Building Supply in Alice, Texas.
- The West Coast Lumber & Building Material Association elected its 2016 officers and directors. See the full list here.
- CPG Building Products will distribute California Cascade Building Materials' AZEK and TimberTech products across California and Nevada.
- Paul Marvin has been named president of Marvin Windows and Doors, effective January 1st.
- Laticrete has named Eerik Maandi vice president of research and development in North America.
- Former chairman of Anawalt Lumber Patricia Rieff Anawalt died at the age of 91. Read her obituary here
- Tech startup Supply Hog hopes to take local building supply sales online. Read the full article
- Paul Marvin has been named president of Marvin Windows and Door effective Jan. 1.
- Do it Best elected Eli Bliffert, Richard McCoy, Douglas Mans, and Jeff Pardini to its board of directors. John Holmes was re-elected to the board.
- Weyerhaeuser released version 5.0 of its dealer operations software.
- The U.S. Forest Service is seeking proposals for projects to expand wood energy and wood products markets that support sustainable forest management.
- American Fasteners appointed Alan Brown as its president.
- Dan Callahan has been appointed CEO of the National Fenestration Rating Council.
- Maha El Kharbotly has been appointed chief marketing officer for American Standard Brands/LIXIL Water Technology Americas.
- Westlake Ace Hardware is celebrating its 110th anniversary in October.
- Hanson Building Products has changed its company name to Forterra.
- Chris Christie campaigned at East Coast Lumber in Hampstead Maryland last week. Read the full story
- The American Wood Council released a revised Design for Code Acceptance 1: Flame Spread Performance of Wood Products Used for Interior Finish.
- Omar Davila has been named store manager of McCoy's Building Supply in Weslaco, Texas.
- NyloBoard has appointed Gary Smith as the new VP of sales and marketing and hired Sarah Johnson as marketing communications coordinator.
- The American Wood Council released a revised technical report: Calculating the Fire Resistance of Exposed Wood Members.
- LeNoble Lumber of Long Island, N.Y. celebrated its 50 year anniversary.