- Cedar Creek named Kevin Stewart director of operations.
- The NLBMDA is conducting a survey of its members to find out where they stand politically, how they will be voting in the 2016 election, and which issues concern them most. Survey.
- Michigan Lumber Company is celebrating its 100th anniversary.
- Seal-Rite Door named Matt Kaufman its general manager of four locations in Ohio, Minnesota, Illinois, and Michigan.
- Parksite launched DuPont’s Tyvek Protec line of roofing underlayments.
- Bon Tool Co. acquired the assets of Spray Sok, Inc.
- Huttig Building Products named Matt Thompson as general manager of its Columbus, Ohio location.
- Tamko released a new logo for its Envision line of composite decking.
- Georgia-Pacific completed a $40 million expansion of its Gurdon, Ark., facility.
- Bob J. McCarley, former owner of Paris Lumber and Building Center, passed away.
- WoodTrac by Sauder named Neal Gobrogge as operations manager.
- Deceuninck will be holding a grand opening of its new plant in Fernley, Nev., on Oct. 22.
- Wolf Home Products will distribute Digger Specialties, Inc.’s TRX vinyl railing product line.
- Jennifer F. Scanlon will become president and CEO of USG Corporation. More.
- Snavely Forest Products completed its 10th annual HTRIP (Haiti Timber Re-Introduction Program), which plants trees in the Artibonite River Valley of Haiti and helps to train and develop Haitian farmers and farms, respectively.
- Chris Rodriguez has been named manager of the Carlsbad, N.M. location of McCoy's Building Supply.
- Crystal Window & Door Systems expanded its production capabilities at its Chicago facility.
- MORSCO, a plumbing tools, HVAC, and PVF distributor, will acquire Fortiline Waterworks.
- Guardian Building Products opened a new distribution center in Albuquerque, N.M.
- Howard Lumber and Hardware received a painted eagle statue as part of the Eagle Nation on Parade project. More.
- Fischer Lumber Company celebrated its 75th year in business. More.
- Duluth Timber Co. served as the performance space for the progressive folk opera “The Wastelands” by Children of the Wild. More.
- Mark Corso, regional VP of the Central Region at Cedar Creek, announced his retirement. Vince Palmer will take over Corso’s role.
- Builders who purchase a JELD-WEN IWP door along with a JELD-WEN window order of $2,500+ will receive a free Yeti cooler – perfect for withstanding the rigors of the work site. The promotion is valid for products purchased between September 1, 2016 and November 30, 2016. Learn more
- Wallace Hardware Company will now distribute DuraLife Decking & Railing Systems.
- The Misura Group launched its redesigned website.
- BMC Stock Holdings' BMC East will offer $325.0 million in aggregate prinicpal amount of senior secured notes due 2024. More.
- 84 Lumber raised $128,000 for the Westmoreland/Fayette County Council of Boy Scouts at its 27th Annual Joe Hardy/84 Lumber Gold Invitational.
- Guerry Lumber Co. held its Kirby Beam Bucket Barrage event in late August to raise money for ALS research. More.
- Julius Zulver, former co-owner of Walbrook Mill and Lumber, passed away Aug. 2. More.
- Canfor, a Canadian company, will open its U.S. headquarters in Mobile, Ala., under the name Canfor Southern Pine.
- PGT, Inc. announced it has created CGI Commercial and that PGT acquired US Impact Systems.
- Becca Dannenhauer will become the sole proprietor of Hopkins Lumber, Memphis, Mo., after she purchases her brother Aaron Dannenhauer's half of the company. More.
- Hampton Lumber, Portland, Ore., acquired the assets of Banks Lumber Mill. More.
- Charlie Craig has been named Thompson Mahogany's executive vice president.
- 84 Lumber has been named to Forbes' 2016 list of America's Largest Private Companies.
- Universal Forest Products acquired idX Corp., a provider of customized merchandising solutions.
- Dean McKenzie has been named director of OSHA's Directorate of Construction.
- The USDA's Agricultural Marketing Service has announced an interim rule altering the time frame for a continuance referendum under the Softwood Lumber Research, Promotion, Consumer Education and Industry Information Order. More.
- PrimeSource Building Products will now distribute Wolf Home Products' PVC decking to its dealers in Minnesota, Wisconsin, Iowa, North Dakota, and South Dakota.
- Guardian Building Products opened a new distribution center in Kansas City, Kan.
- Hardware Distribution Warehouses will donate almost $18,000 to local VFW and the VFW foundation because of participation in its 2016 Fall Dealer Market in Little Rock, Ark.
- The National Association of Wholesaler-Distributors named Patricia A. Lilly as its senior VP of Thought Leadership and executive director of the NAW Institute for Distribution Excellence.
- ABC Supply named Robb Gardner manager of its Orem, Utah, location.
- ABC Supply named Jamie Kuhle manager of its Sanford, Mich., location. More.
- McCoy’s Building Supply named Andre Haddad manager of its Bastrop, Texas, location.
- Parksite promoted Jim Coulter to director of Supply Chain.
- Power Truss will expand its operation in Mayfield, Ky. More.
- Tamko Building Products created new positions to grow its decking business. It named executive VP Tim Whelan to lead all parts of the composite decking operation and named Brian Lowry as senior director, decking and Matt Shaner as general sales manager, decking to help with the operation.
- HomeSphere builder network and Legrand have partnered so HomeSphere builders can access home automation and structured wiring products. More.
- Weyerhaeuser officially closed its lumber mill in Columbia Falls, Mont., last Friday. More.
- Chelsea Building Products acquired Everlast Polymeric Cladding System from ABC Supply. Chelsea will now be the only manufacturer and marketer of Everlast. More.
- General Insulation Company will now distribute Selena USA’s TYTAN Professional brand of foams, sealants, and adhesives. More.
- Fortune Brands Home & Security announced the creation of Global Plumbing Group.
- SmartLam’s cross laminated timber product is certified under the American National Standards Institute 320-2012 Standard for Performance-rated Cross-Laminated Timber.
- Beacon Roofing Supply announced Gregory T. Jorgensen as its vice president and chief accounting officer.
- Jay Brown, vice president of sales and business development at Do it Best Corp., will retire Dec. 31.
- Representative Jim Himes (D-Conn.), visited Ridgefield Supply Co. last week to discuss the Lumber Dealers Association of Connecticut and legislation that will impact LBM. More.
- BMC Stock named Carey Phelps its new director, investor relations.
- C.L. Cannon & Son, Spartanburg, S.C., is celebrating its 110th anniversary this year. More.
- Unilever acquired Blueair, an air purifying solutions company.
- The National Retail Federation predicts retail sales will grow 3.4% in 2016. More.
- The Marvin Companies promoted Christine Marvin to director of corporate strategy.
- Universal Forest Products named Michael Mordell as its executive vice president of international operations.
- John Pappanikou has joined the sales team at Russin Lumber.
- MoistureShield decking will be available at five new Cedar Creek locations: Nashville, Tenn.; Madison, Wis.; Little Rock, Ala.; Birmingham, Ala.; and Indianapolis.
- HPM Building Supply’s Kona location is undergoing a renovation that is scheduled to be completed in October. More.
- Mid-State Lumber has several new hires: Scott Dunn joins the commodity division, MaryLynn Heim is a territory manager for the New England market, and Rick Pierson is also a territory manager for the New England market.
- Diane Hendricks, chairwoman and owner of ABC Supply, donated to Donald Trump’s presidential campaign. More.
- Northland Forest Products, Kingston, N.H., caught fire last Saturday, but was able to open as usual Monday morning. More.
- Orgill will be opening a new facility in Post Falls, Idaho. The agreement to acquire the facility is expected to close Sept. 1.
- Wholesale Wood Products, Dothan, Ala., will now distribute Roseburg Forest Products line of products.
- Roseburg Forest Products’ CEO, Allyn Ford, will retire on Sept. 1. Grady Mulberry, currently Roseburg’s president, will become president and CEO after Ford’s retirement.
- Michael J. O’Malley, owner of P.T. O’Malley Lumber Company, has died. More.
- U.S. LBM announced Young Nam as its vice president of pricing and procurement.
- RenRest Lumber and Building Supply expanded its warehouse and hosted a grand reopening/customer appreciation event last weekend.
- “Five Reasons Why ProBuild Failed,” ProSales’ examination of what led the nation’s biggest full-service lumberyard to be sold to a smaller rival, won the silver prize in July in the national Azbee awards for best news analysis by a business-to-business publication.
- Bliffert Lumber & Fuel Co. has been named a 2016 Future 50 company by the Metropolitan Milwaukee Association of Commerce’s Council of Small Business Executives (COSBE). Read more about Bliffert Lumber.
- Hicks Goodnight, manager of National Lumber Co., Russellville, Ky., has retired. More.
- Pella acquired Reilly Windows and Doors. More.
- Wholesale distributor Eastern Engineered Wood Products has announced a new deal with Better Header to distribute Better Header products to pro lumber dealers and component manufacturers in Pennsylvania, Delaware, Maryland, and Northern Virginia.
- Armstrong Flooring and Houzz have partnered together to launch Houzz Pro+ for flooring retailers who are part of the Elevate retail support program.
- Chris Soliz has been named named manager at McCoy's Building Supply's Pasadena, Texas, location.
- Baldwin Hardware is now the chosen supplier for Pella Corporation's entry doors.
- Kuiken Brothers has launched on online Moulding Design Guide. Learn more here
- Boral's TruExterior line is now available at Capital Lumber locations in Denver and Salt Lake City.
- Viance LLC's D-Blaze Fire Retardent Treated Wood has earned the Greenguard Gold Certification.
- The Parr Company has appointed Joe Leathers as the new director of sales.
- Hanwha Surfaces opened a new warehouse in Springfield, Mass.
- Brad Brubaker has been appointed to Area General Manager for the Carolinas area distribution center at Weyerhaeuser.
- Jonathan Cohen is the new Area General Manager for the Colorado area for Weyerhaeuser.
- Jason Thomas has been hired as Sales Manager for the distribution center in Easton, Pa. for Weyerhaeuser.
- Florida Governor Rick Scott recognized Naples Lumber and Supply for creating jobs. Read more
- The National Retail Federation applauded introduced legislation that would phase in the new overtime rules. Read more
- Johnson Barrow will serve as Danfoss' new sales representative for AB-QM for Oregon and Washington.
- Distribution International, the portfolio company of Advent International has acquired the assets of Fort Worth, Texas based E.O. Wood Company.
- Barry Clifton Gross, longtime member of the LAT, has died.
- The APA has released its 2016 Structural Panel and Engineered Wood Yearbook.
- Johnson Controls will celebrate the opening of seven Source 1 HVAC supply centers in Illinois, Michigan, and Missouri.
- VT Industries launched A'Vant Vanity Surfaces with nationwide distribution and availability.
- Novik has launched an industry-wide survey targeting builders, dealers, distributors, and remodelers.
- Pella Corporation expanded its online consultations to Ann Arbor and Detroit, Mich. Toledo, Findlay, and Port Clinton, Ohio.
- East Coast Builders Conference has announced its 2017 dates, May 4-5 at the Cobb Galleria Centre in Atlanta.
- Salesmaster Flooring Solutions will now distribute Mannington Mills, Inc., products from Albany to Buffalo, N.Y. including in Rochester, Syracuse, and Binghamton, N.Y.
- Do it Best Corp. has been given the President’s Award by the Big Brothers Big Sisters of America. BBBSA also awarded Do it Best’s Laura Frederick as the 2016 national Big Sister of the Year.
- The Northwestern Lumber Association has moved to 701 Decatur Ave. North, Suite 105, Golden Valley, Minn., 55427.
- ABC Supply has named Charles Howard as its manager of building products at the company’s Worcester, Mass., location.
- Harold W. Requarth, former president, CEO, and chairman of the board at Requarth Lumber Company, Dayton, Ohio, has passed away.
- Boston Cedar will now distribute Boral TrueExterior Siding and Trim.
- National Nail has named Steve Graff director of distribution.