- Omar Davila has been named store manager of McCoy's Building Supply in Weslaco, Texas.
- NyloBoard has appointed Gary Smith as the new VP of sales and marketing and hired Sarah Johnson as marketing communications coordinator.
- The American Wood Council released a revised technical report: Calculating the Fire Resistance of Exposed Wood Members.
- LeNoble Lumber of Long Island, N.Y. celebrated its 50 year anniversary.
- Robert Hardy, one of the founders of 84 Lumber, died. Read the full story
- Nail Gun Depot will now offer Stabila levels, lasers, and accessories.
- Synchrony Financial and Springs Window Fashions will now offer financing for Graber blinds, shades, shutters, and draperies.
- BlueLinx will distribute Easoon LLC's ads.XTR bamboo decking products in the US starting this fall.
- A Principia Consulting Report predicts the decking and railing market will grow 3% through 2017. Read the full story
- ABC Supply has named 16 new managing partners. See the full list
- Consumers Kitchens and Baths is now the exclusive dealer of iluma Under Cabinet Lighting in Long Island, N.Y.
- The Sustainable Forestry Initiative set a new Guinness World Record, planting 202,935 trees in one hour.
- 84 Lumber, owned by Maggie Hardy Magerko, has been designated a female business enterprise by the Cleveland mayor's office of equal opportunity. 84 is also certified in seven other states and 13 other cities and counties.
- An auto dealer purchased a warehouse that was recently owned by Builders FirstSource. Read the full story
- Get a free pass to the NAHB International Builders' Show courtesy of ProSales! Enter Here
- Jason Loveless is the new general manager of Stock Building Supply in Raleigh-Durham market.
- Plum Creek has donated $1 million to Oregon State University's new Forest Science Complex.
- David Palo has been hired as the director of sales for the southern region for Emery-Waterhouse.
- Dan Pendergast has been hired as the director of merchandising for Emery-Waterhouse.
- Jim Cook has been named corporate field training specialist for Emery-Waterhouse.
- Taiga Building Products will now offer Allura Fiber Cement throughout its 15 distribution centers in Canada.
- Walker Lumber & Do it Best Hardware in Minong, Wis. is for sale. Read the full story
- ARAUCO North America announced plans to build a new particleboard mill in Grayling, Mich.
- John Fullerton has been named general manager of Astro Buildings, a subsidiary of Cedar Creek.
- Richard Vancil has been named executive vice president of Alexander Lumber.
- Parr Lumber in Albany, Ore. has completed the remodel of its retail area. Read the full story
- RedBuilt added a new laminated veneer lumber line at its engineered lumber products facility in Stayton, Ore.
- Atlas Wholesale Supply has been granted the final approvals to begin building its new headquarters in Scott Township, Pa. Read the full story
- Trex Company will begin recycling excess raw materials to produce linear low density polyethylene pellets.
- Lamco Forest Products will now make and distribute several products under the Georgia-Pacific Brand.
- ClarkDietrich Building Systems will relocate its production facility from Warren, Ohio to Vienna, Ohio.
- The Florida Building Material Association convention and Expo is happening Sept. 23-25 in Kissimmee, Fla.
- Paula Hill has been appointed store manager of McCoy's Building Supply in Nacogdoches, TX.
- Christopher W. Powanda has been hired as business development manager for the Carolina region with Novik.
- Chris Gilles from Crapsey & Gilles Contractors in Loveland, Ohio, and Brian Critchell from Nisbet Brower have won the Universal Forest Products ProWood Play Like a Pro Sweepstakes
- Galliher and Huguely Associates has hired G. Scott Huguely to serve as president and CEO. Former president Geoffrey A. Huguely, Sr. is now executive vice president and remains chairman of the board.
- Laticrete has promoted Ken Madison and will manage Daltile and Florida Tile retail channels.
- Feeney is expanding into a 120,000 square-foot distribution center in Milpitas, Calif.
- Hood Distribution will carry KOMA Building Products in the Northeast region of the U.S.
- Amerock Hardware introduced its new online dealer portal, Amerockgo.com
- Rugby Building Products has opened a new location in Denver, and will now offer Masonite products in the state.
- Combilift has broken ground on a new facility in Monaghan, Ireland.
- WOLF has hired Joe Person as its new Chief Financial Officer.
- Associated Materials appointed Stephen DeMay as its senior vice president of U.S. distribution and Curtis Dobler as its executive vice president of human resources.
- Brad Wanzenberg has joined Hood Distribution as its director of Sales and Marketing.
- Manufacturers Reserve Supply will distribute Ply Gem PVC trim in its mid-Atlantic marketplace.
- A Houston Pallet manufacturer and lumberyard is for sale for $3 million. Read the full story
- TreeHouse, a retailer of sustainable energy, solar, and other products has raised $16m in funding.
- Boral Stone Products has added a new production line for its Boral Versetta Stone in its Napa, Calif. manufacturing facility.
- Flyover Premier Sales will represent Simpson Door in the Midwest.
- Alan Gravely has been named Moen's senior director of brand communications.
- Home Depot has appointed Gerard Arpey to its board of directors.
- Weyerhaeuser Distribution will offer Fortress Railing Products in Northern California, Phoenix, and the Carolinas.
- Do it Best Corp president and CEO Bob Taylor will retire in January and will be succeeded by Dan Starr, current vice president and COO. Read the full story
- Trex Company released its second quarter financials. Read the full story
- BlueLinx will now offer products from Dakeryn Industries in its Denver Sales District.
- VERSATEX announced a new lifetime warranty for its PVC exterior trim.
- Protecto Wrap's Styro System will be distributed in Georgia, Alabama, and Tennessee by Green Building Resources.
- Bob Lawrence has joined Probuild's Saginaw location as the window and door specialist.
- James (Mike) Branson is taking over for Bowen Smith on the Forest2Market board of directors.
- Boise Cascade Company will host its second quarter earnings report on July 23.
- James Langdale has been appointed CEO of Suwanee Lumber.
- Weyerhaeuser Distribution now offers Woodtone RealWood products at its Denver, Colo. location.
- Ferguson Enterprises will begin distributing Jacuzzi Luxury Bath products on Sept. 1.
- Berlin Meyers, founder of Berlin G. Meyers Lumber, has died. Read the full story
- MoistureShield is running an outdoor products sweepstakes. Read the full story
- Rick Pulley has been named as the new vice president of sales at Screw Products.
- Pamela Goetsch has been named the chairman of the board for Gordon Lumber. Jennie Gwilym and Betsy Snow join her on the board of directors.
- Rhonda Taylor has joined Gordon Lumber as vice president of finance and controller.
- All Wood Products, a Canadian distributor, will represent MFM Building Products in Western Canada.
- American Wood Council has released an updated version of Span Tables and Design Values for Joists and Rafters in accordance with the 2015 International Builder Code.
- Luxor Industrial is now manufacturing wood products for Woodtone Industries.
- Mechanicsburg Borough Council honored Eberly Lumber with a resolution. Read the full story
- Michael Cassidy left TW Perry after seven years as its President and CEO. Gaithersburg, MD.-based TW Perry ranks 37th on the latest ProSales 100.
- Railing Dynamics introduced a new customer support program, RDI Pro.
- Jim Benney has left The National Fenestration Rating Council as CEO. COO Deb Callahan will serve in the interim.
- Neighbors sue Chicopee City Council over zone change for Westover Building Supply. Read the full story
- Al Mejia has been named vice president and general manager of Hart and Cooley.
- Marvin Windows and Doors has introduced its Next Generation Ultimate Double Hung and is sponsoring a contest for industry professionals. Read the full story
- A man was killed in a forklift accident at Jordan-Holman Lumber in Granite Falls, N.C. Read the full story
- Tony Fonk, formerly of Stock Building Supply has been appointed CEO of ShockWatch.
- DeWalt, a manufacturer of power tools and accessories, announced plans to expand production in a plant in Greenfield, Ind.
- Wholesale Building Materials in El Paso, Texas is up for sales. Read the full story
- Rob Vogelheim has joined Amerhart as sales territory manager in Traverse City, Mich.