- ABC Supply honored longtime associates Pat Keeney and Robert Amar with the company's 2016 Ken Hendricks Award.
- Don Thorberg, manager at Cedar Valley Lumber, Albion, Neb., will retire on July 1 after 31 years with the company. More.
- Simpson Strong-Tie sent five of its employees to Amarante, Portugal, in April for Habitat for Humanity’s Global Village initiative.
- Georgia-Pacific will be offering builders a $1 rebate per sheet for the first five homes built using the ForceField Air & Water Barrier System.
- BECK Fastener Group has acquired ET&F Fastening Systems, Inc., of Solon, Ohio.
- William (Bill) Eberhardt has been named quality assurance manager at Deceuninck North America.
- CIGNET has purchased a controlling interest in IRON-A-WAY. IRON-A-WAY will now be known as IRON-A-WAY LLC.
- John Hathaway has been named VP of real estate and development at 84 Lumber.
- Weyerhaeuser will close its lumber and plywood mills in Columbia Falls, Mont. More.
- Hardware Distribution Warehouses, Inc. has announced that the theme of the Fall Market in Little Rock, Ark., will be "Honoring America's Veterans." The Fall Market will take place from August 19 to 21.
- Ab Taylor, president of City Lumber Company, Jackson, Tenn., has passed away.
- The building that used to house Morrow-Gill Lumber, Sand Springs, Okla., is available for lease. More.
- MiTek's newly expanded Houston, Texas, warehouse is now fully operational.
- A Universal Forest Products subsidiary has made an agreement to acquire Idaho Western, Inc., a product distributor for building materials dealers. More.
- LaCantina Doors has moved its headquarters and manufacturing facility to a new location in Oceanside, Calif.
- James C. Krahn has been awarded the Lifetime Achievement Award from the Window and Door Manufacturers Association for working with the WDMA for over 50 years on behalf of Marvin Windows and Doors.
- Weyerhaeuser will sell its liquid packaging board business to Nippon Paper Industries, Co. More.
- Hart Lumber is planning a $5.5 million expansion into Sherman, Texas. More.
- Tyman PLC, parent company of AmesburyTruth, has entered into an agreement to acquire The BILCO Company.
- Daryl Nagel, former president and CEO of the Lanoga Corporation, passed away June 13.
- Washington Lumber, Washington, Mo., is celebrating 50 years. More.
- Mid-State Lumber has named Ray Unick as its new purchasing agent and Jason Blevins as its sales territory manager. More.
- Kevin Byockmyre has been named market development manager for New England at National Nail.
- McCoy’s Building Supply has named Cynthia Mungia store manager at its South Corpus Christi, Texas, store.
- BlueLinx has announced a 1-for-10 reverse stock split. More.
- Universal Forest Products has signed a letter of intent to purchase certain assets of Robbins Manufacturing Co. of Tampa, Fla. More.
- LP Smartside has named Rick Marsh as its segment manager for R&R and has named Michelle Forchetti as segment manager for LP Smartside light commercial.
- Bill Hayward, CEO and chief sustainability officer of Hayward Lumber, will be a panelist for Hanley Wood’s Housing Innovation, Vision, and Economics (HIVE) event this September.
- Laticrete will expand its Grand Prairie, Texas, manufacturing and distribution facility with a 70,000-square-foot addition.
- Mike Fronczak has been named manager of ABC Supply’s Baton Rouge, La., location. More.
- Dan Kyle has been named manager of ABC Supply's San Francisco Bay district.
- Gary Jordan has been named manager of McCoy’s Building Supply’s San Benito, Texas, location.
- Novik acquired Exteria Building Products of Miami, Fla.
- Boral will be expanding its manufacturing facility in Salisbury, N.C.
- CertainTeed will be opening a new manufacturing facility in Jonesburg, Mo.
- 84 Lumber will be going on tour this month to show its Tiny Living line of tiny houses.
- Herb Hutchinson has been named vice president of business development at Formtech.
- Weyerhaeuser will now distribute ClipStone mortarless stone veneer to Easton, Pa.; Phoenix, Ariz.; and Stockton, Fresno, Santa Clarita, and Fontana, Calif. The company will also distribute Woodtone RealWood exterior products through its distribution centers in Fontana and Santa Clarita, Calif.
- Johnny Henderson, a truck driver for Richards Building Supply Co. in Illinois, saved a woman from her burning vehicle after it collided with Henderson’s truck. More.
- USDA announced that the continuance referendum on the softwood lumber checkoff will be postponed until further notice after the court’s recent decision in the Resolute FP vs USDA et. al. lawsuit. More.
- Diane Hendricks, co-founder of ABC Supply, has been named Forbes’ richest self-made woman. More.
- Eastern Engineered Wood Products has formed eWood-LINK, its neweset business unit that sells StructurePRO.
- Capital Lumber will now distribute Boral Versetta Stone at its Healdsburg, Calif.; Woodburn, Ore; and Tacoma, Wash., locations.
- Guardian Building Products has opened a new distribution center in Lebanon, Tenn.
- NEMEON and Select Independent Distributors of America have reached a non-biding agreement in principle to unify their membership.
- Jeld-Wen has filed a registration statement with the Securities and Exchange Commission as a prelude to its become a publicly traded company. Announcement
- Kevin Hancock of Hancock Lumber has been given the Edmund Muskie Access to Justice Award for his leadership in the community and for his impact on furthering access to justice in Maine.
- Builders Supply of Osceola, Neb., is selling all its equipment as a prelude to closure this fall, according to its Facebook announcement.
- Ed Winkless, former chief financial officer at Alexander Lumber, has since January been president of Aviston (Ill.) Lumber.
- Lowell Tuma has been named national sale manager at Triad/Ruvo.
- Huber Engineered Woods LLC (HEW) has reached an agreement with Arbec Forest Products to produce HEW's ZIP System sheathing at Arbec's facility in Quebec, Canada.
- Louis J. Grasmick, head of Louis J. Grasmick Lumber (No. 86 on the ProSales 100) and one of the leading figures in Baltimore, died May 26. He was 91. Story
- Chad Arndt has been named manager of ABC Supply’s branch in North Huntingdon, Pa. Story
- Jackson Lumber and Millwork and the Torrisi family were honored by Merrimack Valley Habitat for Humanity, Lawrence, Mass., for the company’s continued support of Habitat’s efforts.
- ProSales’ May 2015 article “Why Did ProBuild Die?” has been named a national finalist for Best News Analysis in the American Society of Business Publication Editors’ 2016 Azbee Awards. (See print and web versions of the analysis.) In addition, the 2015 ProSales 100 is a regional finalist for Best Original Research.
- Philip Orsino, former president and CEO of Jeld-Wen, has been named corporate vice chairman of Renin Holdings, LLC.
- The Martha’s Vineyard Commission has approved a Tisbury, Mass.., location for Specialty Builders’ Supply with the condition that the yard’s entrance not share a road with the mini golf course next door. More.
- BMC Stock has been named one of Forbes’ 100 Most Trustworthy Companies in America. More.
- Ply Gem has opened its new Insight Center, a research and applied science center in Durham, N.C.
- Dominick Benevenga has been named operations manager at United Window & Door.
- Hood Distribution’s Mobile, Ala., branch is now a stocking distributor of Synergy Wood Products’ prefinished wood wall and ceiling paneling.
- Ply Gem has donated $1 million of products and funds to Habitat for Humanity’s Home for Good project that helps families build almost 300 homes in a year. More.
- Georgia-Pacific has launched a new product website for its ForceField Air & Water Barrier System.
- Diane Hendricks, chairwoman of ABC Supply and a longtime supporter of Republican causes, has been named vice-chair of the Trump Victory Committee, a group that will raise money for Donald Trump’s presidential campaign. Story
- Fire destroyed M&M Lumber near Pearland, Texas, on May 25. Story
- 84 Lumber has launched “Operation Appreciation” to honor military service members in support of National Military Appreciation Month.
- Simpson Strong-Tie officially opened its Research and Testing Lab at Washington State University on May 5. More.
- Yitzchak Rosenberg, co-founder of Certified Lumber, Brooklyn, N.Y., has died. More.
- ABC Supply has been named a Gallup Great Workplace. This is the tenth time the company has won the award.
- Brian DiVincenzo has been named VP of wholesale sales at the Oatey Company.
- Jason Hipskind has been promoted to regional sales and business development manager at Do it Best Corp.
- Deckorators has introduced an all-new Deck Visualizer to help customers see their deck designs.
- Jeff Fitzgerald has been named director of market operations at Parks Building Supply & Interiors of Fayetteville, N.C.
- Versatex Building Products has named John Pepe as its commercial/architectural specialist. The company also named John Chadwick Jr. of Long Island City, N.Y.; Mike LaPorte of Houston, Texas; Nick Leugers of Mobile, Ala.; Patrick McCrae of Halifax, Nova Scotia.; and Matt Poulsen of Calgary, Ala., as market development specialists.
- John Conway has been appointed director of operations at LaCantina Doors.
- Todd Skaggs has been named national VP - Dealers Choice for Beacon Roofing Supply based in the South Division.
- Boral Roofing has introduced its new color guide for lightweight concrete re-roofing jobs.
- Deckorators has launched a redesigned website.
- Wolf Home Products has a new logo.
- Kevin Hancock of Hancock Lumber, won a National Indie Excellence Award in the Leadership category for his book Not For Sale: Finding Center in the Land of Crazy Horse. Hancock was featured in the “My Yardsticks” column in ProSales’ January issue.
- Cedar Creek has named Mike Wilson as VP of sales; Paul Lyle as regional VP of the East Region; and Bruce Kulzer as regional VP of the Southern Region.
- James Norberg has been named senior branch manager at Western Specialty Contractors’ Ridgefield, N.J. branch.
- IPS Corp.’s Plumbing Division has announced it will now distribute Green Drain, a waterless trap seal, in its Plumbing Wholesale, Catalog Supply, and Hardware and Retail Distribution.
- Patrick Gallagher has been named territory manager building products at Digger Specialties, Inc.
- Snavely Forest Products has named Judith Marquez as divisional accounting manager of the Dallas division; Melissa Hutchens has been named divisional accounting manager of the North Carolina division.
- Richard Skelley, owner of Skelley Lumber Co., Urbana, Ohio, has passed away.
- Eli Bliffert of Bliffert Lumber & Hardware, has been named one of 2016’s Industry Top Funs by the North American Retail Hardware Association, Hardware Retailing magazine, and the National Hardware Show.
- George Fishtorn has become general manager of the J.M. Thomas Forest Products branch in Henderson, Colo.
- Wayne Dalton, a garage door manufacturer, has revealed its new logo.
- Three more Congressmen, urged by dealers during the National Lumber and Building Material Dealers Association’s (NLBMDA) visits to Capitol Hill this month, have agreed to co-sponsor the Innocent Sellers Fairness Act. The addition of Reps. Tom Emmer, R-Minn.; Chris Gibson, R-N.Y.; and Mike Pompeo, R-Kan., means this key legislative goal for NLBMDA now has 15 cosponsors.
- Paul Smith has become branch manager at RIS Roofing Supply, a Beacon Roofing Supply company, in Kennesaw, Ga.
- L.E. Smith Company has named Mari Ivan as COO and Kevin Bock as director of HR and Fabrication.
- BlueLinx’s Raleigh, N.C.; Charleston, S.C.; and San Antonio locations will now distribute Boral TrueExterior Siding and Trim. Boise Cascade’s Milton, Fla., location will now distribute Boral Versetta Stone.
- Ron Calhoun, president and CEO of Palmer-Donavin Mfg., has been named chairman of the National Association of Wholesaler-Distributors (NAW) Institute Board.
- BMC Stock Holdings has been given the Award of Excellence and the Outstanding Vendor Performance Award from Pulte Homes. More.
- Specialty Builders’ Supply of Brewster, Mass., is looking to build a new lumberyard on Cape Code, Mass. More.
- Parksite has partnered with Wausau Siding Systems to provide Diamond Kote pre-finish on LP Smartside to Parkside’s Connecticut, New Jersey, and New York branches.
- Alexander Lumber is celebrating its 125th anniversary.
- United Window and Door has named Gregg Proscia as vice president of sales and marketing; Tim Viola has been named marketing manager.
- Hardware Imagination-Tech will now distribute Hanwha Surfaces’ Hanex Solid Surfaces Line.
- Arnold Schouten, former co-owner of Hartnagel Building Supply and Angeles Millwork in Port Angeles, Wash., has been awarded the Surfrider Foundation’s Coastal Impact Wavemaker award for 2015. Read more.
- Joseph Martinez has been named store manager of McCoy’s Building Supply’s Hobbs, N.M. location. More.
- GMS has announced its new Customer Cloud Portal that lets customers order 24/7, view inventory at their local yard, track their orders, and more.
- Rich Scalise has been named director of inventory management at 84 Lumber.
- APA has released a raised-heel truss construction guide. More.
- MiTek Builder Products has announced it will offer a range of products compliant with the new “soft story” retrofit ordinances in California. More.
- BlueLinx’s Charleston, S.C. location; Prefinished Staining Products in Green Bay, Wis.; and Hood Industries’ distribution facility in Mobile, Ala. will all distribute Versatex products.
- JELD-WEN has launched its JELD-WEN University to educate industry professionals about how to select and install windows and doors properly.
- USG has earned a GREENGUARD Gold certification for more than 200 products from the UL Environment GREENGUARD program.
- Snavely Forest Products has named Mike Kudis as its business analyst and Laura Snavely as its retail customer support manager.
- Cat Roggow was appointed in January as senior director of marketing at US LBM. Profile
- The American Wood Council has released an updated version of its 2015 Manual for Engineered Wood Construction. Manual.
- Trace Biles has been named director of National Builders and Supply Chain for MiTek Builder Products.
- Patrick Goebel, president and CEO of Star Lumber, Wichita, Kan., has been inducted into the Wichita Business Journal Hall of Fame. More
- Bob Taylor, president emeritus of Do It Best Corp., has been given the honor of Sagamore of the Wabash by Indiana governor Mike Pence.
- Central Building Supply of Madawaska, Maine, has demolished a house across the street from its store to make room for expansion. More.
- Parks Building Supply & Interiors has named Jeff Fitzgerald as its director of market operations.
- Mobile Lumber recently named Chris Odom as vice president and Greg DeMint as millwork and truss production division manager.
- Heather Meiner has been named brand manager at Overhead Door.
- Franklin Building Supply, Boise, Idaho, has changed to an ESOP (Employee Stock Ownership Plan) ownership structure. Franklin is ProSales’ Dealer of the Year for 2016.
- Biewer Lumber has begun construction on its new $85 sawmill in Newton, Miss. Read more here.
- Pella has named Tim Yaggi as president and CEO.
- N. Dain’s Sons Co. of Peekskill, N.Y., will be honored by the Business Council of Westchester at its Business Hall of Fame Awards Dinner. The dinner will also honor N. Dain’s Sons president, Jeffrey Dain. Read more here.
- 84 Lumber has named Scott Wagner vice president of manufacturing.
- N.B. Handy will now be a distributor for Roofinox America’s Roofinox Stainless Steel.
- Professional Builders Supply has named Jonathan Nelson as its safety coordinator and installed sales specialist for its Wilmington, N.C. location. Read more here.
- Gary Smith has been named national sales manager at Enduris.
- Snavely Forest Products has named Mike Treadwell as its engineered wood product market development manager and James Watts as its operations manager at Snavely’s Greensboro, N.C. division.
- Paul Guglielmino has been named regional account manager for New England at Palram.
- 84 Lumber has been named one of Forbes’ 250 best mid-size employers. Read more here.
- Arthur “Art” Pozzi of Bend Millwork Systems, has passed away. Read more here.
- Simpson Strong-Tie has announced it will donate $100,000 to the Washington State University construction and engineering research in the new PACCAR Environmental Technology Building on the WSU Pullman campus. Strong-Tie will donate $100,000 each year for the next eight years.
- David Brakeman, engineering director at Alpine, a provider of building component software, has been named to the Rural Builder Hall of Fame.
- Bill Marks has been named sales manager – distribution at Fairway Building Products.
- Chris Capone has been named vice president of sales for the plumbing division of IPS Corporation.
- Oscar A. Martinez has been named vice president-CFO of Huttig Building Products. Read more here.
- Boise Cascade has completed its acquisition of Georgia-Pacific’s engineered lumber production facilities in Thorsby, Ala. and Roxboro, N.C. Read more here.
- Paul Dodge, who spent seven years as senior vice president for the supply chain at ProBuild, has become vice president for the supply chain and strategic initiatives at Lennar, the home builder.