- Lendlease has announced the opening of a new Candlewood Suites that was completely constructed using Cross Laminated Timber (CLT). Read more here.
- Funeral services are planned for Monday, March 28, for Robert Dale Knudson of Knudson Lumber, Ellensburg, Wash. Knudson died on March 20. Read more here.
- Jessie Sievers has been named Executive Recruiter of Misura Group.
- APA will be hosting a weekly, free webinar called “Back to Basics.” The webinar begins April 8 and will cover topics such as I-joists, Rim Board®, laminated veneer lumber, and glulam. Read more and register here.
- Rick Renshaw has been named general manager of the North Carolina division of Snavely Forest Products.
- Jackson Lumber and Millwork has celebrated its 70th anniversary.
- Brian Covey has been named director of sales of CGI Windows and Doors.
- Shaffer Associates has announced that Joseph B. Kastelic has been named president and CEO of Amerock Hardware.
- Mike Nestor has been named store manager of McCoy’s Building Supply’s Northwest San Antonio location.
- Paul Wainman has been named CFO of Hancock Lumber. Read more here.
- Allweather Wood will now distribute its D-Blaze Fire Retardant Treated Wood at its Woodland and Fontana, Calif. locations.
- MFM Building Products is celebrating its 55th anniversary this year. Read more here.
- Jeffrey Rea, former president and CEO of Stock Building Supply, has become a member of the board of Gores Holdings, the company that owned Stock prior to its merger with BMC. Announcement
- Danfoss electric heating products will now be distributed by C.C. Pierce Co. to the Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island and Vermont markets.
- Mary’s River Lumber Co will be closing its sawmill and finishing plants this year. Read more here.
- Octavio Quezada has been named store manager of McCoy’s Building Supply’s Manchaca, Texas location. Read more here.
- Boise Cascade Company has received antitrust clearance by the U.S. Department of Justice to acquire Georgia-Pacific’s engineered lumber production facilities in Thorsby, Ala. and Roxboro, N.C.
- Weyerhaeuser has announced it will distribute TruGuard Siding in its Boise, Idaho and Phoenix, Ariz. markets.
- ABC Supply has named Chris Hardman manager of its Davisville, W.V., location; the company also named Dustin Davis branch manager at its Montgomery, Ala. Location.
- Rockfon has broken ground at its first acoustic ceiling panel manufacturing facility in North America. Read more here.
- Alan Cross has been named senior VP of North America at Kerridge Commercial Systems.
- CertainTeed has announced its NorthGate SBS-modified asphalt shingle will now be available in North Dakota, South Dakota, Kansas, Missouri, Iowa, Minnesota, Illinois, Wisconsin, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba and select areas of Nebraska, Michigan and Ontario.
- Wausau Supply Company of Schofield, Wisc., has become a distributor for ClipStone Mortarless Stone Veneer.
- Mark DeMarco has been added to Russin Lumber’s sales team and will cover southern New Jersey and Delaware.
- Richard “Dick” McCoy, owner of several Do It Best stores in Southeastern Ohio, has passed away.
- ABC Supply has named John Askin, Jr. manager of the company’s Lakewood, NJ location.
- House-Hasson has named Steve Henry senior VP and a member of House-Hasson’s board of directors; Patrick McCutcheon has been named regional manager to VP sales; and Jayson Monroe has been named merchandising manager to VP merchandising. Read more here.
- Fairway Building Products has teamed with Cascade Wholesale Hardware to distribute the full-line of Fairway Rail systems to Idaho, northern California, and Oregon.
- David Radloff, manager of Bliffert Lumber & Fuel’s Oak Creek, Wis., location, has retired.
- The Northeastern Lumber Manufacturers Association (NeLMA) has created a Retailer Outreach Program that’s designed to keep retailers in-the-know about the latest news in the northeastern softwood lumber industry.
- Nemeon has selected Owens Corning and Roofmaster Products as its 2016 Preferred Vendors of the year.
- Walker Brothers Building Supply of Baileyton, Ala. has burned down.
- Diane Hendricks, co-founder of ABC Supply, has made it on the 2016 Forbes Billionaires List. Read more here.
- Brian Sento has become vice president for Carter Lumber’s Atlantic Coast market.
- Mike Holmes has teamed up with Simpson Strong-Tie for a deck safety campaign. Read more here.
- Hanwha Surfaces will be expanding its reach in Ohio, Michigan, and New England with new facilities in Springfield, Mass., and Ohio.
- Chantal D. Veevaeteand Michael J. Keough have been appointed to Continental Building Products' Board of Directors. Read more here.
- OpenGate Capital has announced it will acquire the Window and Door division of Royal Building Products. Read more here.
- JELD-WEN has partnered with US Lumber to bring JELD-WEN doors to the Mid-Atlantic region.
- Alex Rozumovich has been named vice president of Kett Tool.
- Builders FirstSource announced a private swap of debt notes that will cut the company’s long-term debt by $3.8 million and reduce annual cash interest payments by $2.3 million. It was the second such swap the company had made in February. Read more here.
- Snavely Forest Products has named Clark Spitzer as chief operating officer; John DiGnazio as vice president; and Mike Gaydos as human resource director. Read more here.
- Snavely Forest Products has named Bill Georgelis its new senior sales and marketing manager.
- Frank Kicklighter has been named VP and global head of Wood Protection at Lonza.
- Kent Gray has been named head of Arch Wood Protection, Americas at Lonza
- Raymond McArdle has been named General Manager at ABC Supply
- Stephen Manning has been named Asistant Chief Oerating Officer at Lysons Lumber Company.
- Steve Couch has become general manager of 84 Lumber’s components operation in Franklin, Ind. Previously he managed an 84 branch in Danville, Ind.
- Boral North America has opened its new Innovation Factory in San Antonio, Texas.
- Vandermeer Foreset Products will now distribute the full line of Fairway Building Products railing systems to Alaska, Hawaii, northern Idaho, Oregon, Washington, and western Montana.
- Barb Buchman has been named National Sales Director at Task Lighting.
- Orange Valley Hardware is for sale. Read more here.
- Orchard Supply Hardware is celebrating the remodel of its store in Capitola, Calif. Story
- Advanced Environmental Recycling Technologies (AERT) will be featured on “Manufacturing Marvels” on Fox’s Business Network on Thursday, Feb. 25 at 8:30pm EST.
- Paul Ryan has been named LMC’s new Senior Vice President of Finance and Technology.
- National Nail has opened distribution centers in Rancho Cucamonga, Calif. and Carrollton, Texas.
- ABC Supply has named Jason Haney branch manager of its location in Mechanicsburg, PA. The company has also named Leo Horner manager of its location in Williamsport, Md.
- Port Huron Building Supply must pay $2 million in fines after violating pension payments. Read more here.
- Mike Murphy, president and CEO of Dryvit, has been named president of EIFS Industry Members Association (EIMA).
- Fairway Building Products has partnered with Key Wholesale Building Products to distribute Fairway Rail Systems to a larger market.
- Brock Associates will source stainless steel design for roofing and roll-forming from Roofinox America.
- Eric Anderson has been named Atlanta market regional sales manager for Builders FirstSource. Previously he held a similar position at ProBuild, which last year merged with BFS.
- Dale Carlson has been named Vice President of operations at US LBM. He also remains president of Lyman Lumber.
- TW Perry will move from its location on Connecticut Ave in Silver Spring, Md. to Brookville Rd. in Silver Spring, Md.
- The Softwood Lumber Board’s “Wood, Naturally” campaign has created a poster showing which preserved wood types to use on various projects around the house. The poster also is distributed by the Southern Forest Products Association. Download it here.
- American Cedar and Millwork reopened its newly renovated Lewes showroom. Read more here.
- Parksite will distribute DuPont Corian and DuPont Zodiaq to Maine, New Hampshire, Rhode Islands, Vermont, Connecticut, and Massachusetts beginning April 1.
- Trex will be available in eastern Missouri as a result of Amerhart’s expansion into the market with its acquisition of St. Louis-based Lumberyard Supply Co.
- Beacon Roofing Supply has registered with the SEC to sell $300 million worth of 6.375% senior notes due in 2023. They replace similar debt notes that already have been issued. Details
- Azek is releasing its app on the Google Android platform. Read more here.
- Jim Hershey has been named the Divisional Sales Director, Southeast and Mid-Atlantic Division at BMC-Stock.
- Josh Goodman has been named Director of Inventory Management at Sherwood Lumber.
- Dale Carlson is now VP of Operations at US LBM.
- Scott Moran has been named Territory Manager at Compass Marketing Inc. and will represent Norcraft Companies.
- Dwayne Leininger has been named VP Business Development at Tropica Design Industries.
- VT Industries has announced McKillican International will now distribute VersaTop to three markets.
- Crystal Window and Door Systems has begun production at its new facility in Benton Township, Pa.
- Rubgy Architectural Products has announced it will now have regional distribution of VT Industries' VersaTop quartz countertop.
- Builders FirstSource has announced it has begun privately negotiated exchange agreements. Read more here.
- Guardian Building Products has opened a new distribution center in Belcamp, Md.
- McCoy's Building Supply named Scott Lee as general manager of its door and millwork division.
- Carlin Bennett has become the manager of Swift Supply’s facility in Daphne, Ala.
- Headwaters Roofing Group announced it acquired three roofing product companies during 2015's fourth quarter: Metro Roof Products, Oceanside, Calif.; Enviroshake, Chatham, Ont.; and Steel Rock Roof Products, Placentia, Calif.
- Forterra Building Products has acquired Sherman-Dixie Concrete Industries. Read more here.
- Roe Brothers Lumber has celebrated its 130th anniversary. Read more here.
- Lumber Liquidators has been found guilty of importing flooring illegally and will pay $13 million in fines. Read more here.
- ABC Supply has named several new managers: Donny Portillo in Rahway, N.J.; Mike Balay in Stanton, Del.; George Opferman in North Huntingdon, Pa.; and Bill Froehlich in Madison, Wis.
- MarketResearch.com has acquired The Freedonia Group.
- Clarion Industries, a manufacturer of fiberboard and of laminate flooring products, was sold to Kronospan. The news was announced by Lincoln International, which represented Clarion in the deal.
- Stanley Bastek has been promoted to director of marketing and sales development for the shingles and underlayment division of Atlas Roofing.
- BMC’s board of directors has approved a pay raise for president and CEO Peter Alexander to $750,000 annually.
- OrePac Building Products has acquired Bridger Forest Products.
- Zuern Building Products has won the 2016 Wisconsin Lumber Dealers Association Lumber Dealer of the Year Award.
- Matt Cooper has been named VP of ABC Supply’s West Region.
- John Simonelli has been named VP of Strategic Initiatives for ABC Supply.
- 3M completed the sale of its pressurized polyurethane foam adhesives business--including a two-component roof tile adhesive used to attach concrete or clay roof tile--to a private equity group. Read more here.
- Installed Building Products bought Marshall Insulation, a vendor of commercial insulation serving the Phoenix market. Read more here.
- BlueLinx reached a deal with its existing real estate lenders to extend its $159.8 million real estate loan for three years. The company also said it will work regain compliance with a New York Stock Exchange requirement that it maintain over time an average global market capitalization and stockholders’ equity total topping $50 million. Read more here.
- The American Wood Council has developed both manuals and a website about fire prevention and reducing fire loss on job sites. Read more here.
- Red Horse USA has won NAHB’s “Most Innovative Building Product” and “Best in Show” for its WINBAG product.
- Donna Cramsie has been named Panel Department Manager at LBM Advantage.
- Greg Hartmann has been named General Manager of National Nail's Northeast Business Unit.
- The Hendricks Family Foundation has donated $3 million towards a new heart hospital in Beloit, Wis. Read more here.
- McKinley Building has moved to a new location in Wilmington, NC. Read more here.
- BMC Stock Holdings Divisional Sales Director Paul Evans has been named NAHB’s 2015 Educator of the Year. Read more here.
- Sierra Pacific has closed its Arcata, Calif. sawmill. Read more here.
- The American Wood Council has released its Guides to Wood Construction in High Wind Areas. Read more here.
- Mike Bugbee, Senior VP of Integrated Component Systems at Simpson Strong-Tie, has announced his retirement.
- Scott Zuehlke has been named Quanex’s VP, Investor Relations and Treasurer. Read more here.
- Do It Best has named Cindy Hixson Merchandise Manager for Home and Hardware and has named Jenna Post Merchandise Manager for Store & Office Supplies, Food & Snacks, and Toys & Games. Read more here.
- Steve Houle is the new Northwest Territory Manager for LBM Advantage.
- Professional Builders Supply of Wilmington N.C. is moving to a new location within the city. Read more here
- Guy C. Lee in Apex N.C. will move to a new location in Pleasant Park.
- Kevin Leavitt has been promoted to regional manager for Franklin Building Supply in McCall Idaho. Ben Thomas is the new general manager.
- Helen Garber, co-owner of Garber Building Supplies and Garber's Do it Best has died.
- MoistureShield has introduced a new stocking dealer rebate program. Read more here.
- MFM Building Products has released its 2016 Weather Proofing and Sealing Systems brochure.
- Rockfon has worked with Cushing, Okla. school district to create new ceilings for middle and high school field houses.
- Consolidated Lumber Company has gotten a $15 million loan from US Bank to support its growth.
- Greg Koch has been named VP of Sales and Marketing at Deceuninck North America.
- Wolf has announced a realignment and expansion of its sales team. Read more here.
- Andrew Hess has been promoted to VP, Entry Door Division at Lumberman's Inc.
- Keith Yurko has been named President and CEO of Gerber and Danze.
- Fortune Brands Home & Security has named Brett E. Finley President of Therma-Tru.
- Hyster-Yale Group has entered into an agreement with Balyo to produce self-guided trucks.
- DuraLife has introduced the Your Choice Program that allows users to design their outdoor living spaces online.
- Masonite has announced it will sell its products at select Lowe’s stores and at Lowes.com.
- Bruce Turkington retired as Spenard Builders Supply’s general manager. Read more here.
- Mike Lombardi is the new logistics manager at US LBM.
- American Wood Council approved the formation of a Tall Wood Ad Hoc Committee.
- Snavely Forest Products in Dallas and CanWel Building Products Group in Canada are now distributors for Versatex.
- Wisconsin Phoenix has partnered with the Ojibwe Indian tribe to build a new manufacturing facility on tribal land near Hayward, Wis.
- Glen Albee is the new president of Ridgefield Supply Company.
- Principia Consulting launched a new website.
- Fortune Brands launched a new website.
- Brad Roberts has been named manager at ABC Supply in Bradenton, Fla.
- Todd Bardell has been named manager at ABC Supply in Dubuque, Iowa.
- Matt Wentzel has been named manager at ABC Supply in Davenport, Iowa.
- Danfoss has appointed Miha Kavcic as head of sales and business development in North America.
- Huttig is now the exclusive distributor of Maibec cedar siding and shingles.
- R. Doyle Spangler, former manager of Cellar Lumber in Circleville, Ohio, has died.
- Bryan Kujawa has been named national sales manager of Kolbe Windows and Doors.
- MiTek has appointed Brent Kreutzer as product manager and Patrick O'Malley as director of national builder accounts and supply chain.