United Kingdom-based contemporary custom-door maker Urban Front, announced that its solid-wood and steel-reinforced doors will be available in the U.S. market through independent sales representative Michael Siems.
- Beacon Roofing Supply acquired McClure-Johnston Company, which distributes residential and commercial roofing products and related accessories across the mid-Atlantic and southern U.S. states. Story.
- Oklahoma City-based wholesale building material distributor Cedar Creek agreed to buy western-U.S. distributor Capital Lumber's locations in Dallas and Houston.
- York, Pa.-based WOLF announced plans to expand its distribution services to include Birmingham, Ala.; Huntsville, Ala.; Fort Wayne, Ind.; Indianapolis; as well as Dallas, Houston, San Antonio, and Austin, Texas.
- LMC, Wayne, Pa., rolled out a new branding program that includes advertising templates, graphic elements, brochure designs, signage, press releases, videos, and broadcast scripts to help independent dealers connect to the 1,200-member network.
- Baylor University’s Institute for Family Business honored DW Distribution, DeSoto, Texas, with the 2012 Well-Managed Business Award.
- Weyerhaeuser announced it will distribute James Hardie fiber cement siding and trim in the majority of its U.S. distribution markets.
- Do it Best promoted Mike Post to merchandise manager for the co-op’s Home Décor division. Post has filled various roles in the company’s merchandising department during last 11 years.
- OrePac will distribute AZEK products out of its Denver and Salt Lake City distribution centers.
- WOLF added the following staff: Greg Glander as building products sales rep for southern Connecticut, southern New York, and Long Island, N.Y.; Matthew Lenge as building products sales rep for western Connecticut and western Massachusetts; Hunter Wilberger as a kitchen and bath sales rep for Georgia, North Carolina, and South Carolina. The York, Pa.-based firm also made the following promotions: Brian Doub to regional kitchen and bath sales manager for a new service area comprising North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Tennessee, Alabama, Kentucky, and Texas; James Biss to regional kitchen and bath sales manager for Ohio, Indiana, and Canada. The company also promoted Robert Lett, Sr. to vice president of market development.