Scott Yates was elected chair of the National Lumber and Building Material Dealers Association (NLBMDA) Wednesday during the ProDealer Industry Summit. Along with Yates, the NLBMDA's executive committee for 2015-2016 is:
- Chair-Elect: George Lester, Lester Group Inc., Martinsville, VA
- Treasurer: Scott Engquist, Engquist Lumber, Harcourt, IA
- Manufacturers & Services Council Chair: Gary Nackers, Do it Best Corp, Ft. Wayne, IN
- Federated Association Executives Chair: Karen Baker, Oklahoma Lumbermen's Association, Seminole, OK
- Immediate Past Chair: JD Saunders, Economy Lumber Co, Campbell, CA
- President & CEO: Jonathan Paine, NLBMDA, Washington, D.C.
"The primary function of our associations has become to be our watchdog against local and federal government overreach via bad legislation and unnecessary regulations," said Yates. "Local and Federal governments move at a slow, but invasive pace against the rights of business owners and we must remain vigilant maintaining control of our own businesses."
"Scott has been a lumber dealer for 42 years and has a tremendous amount of knowledge and expertise in the LBM industry," said NLBMDA president and CEO Jonathan Paine. "He has consistently shown an unwavering commitment and passion to serving others."