- Interfor acquired
- Simpson Strong-Tie won a Construction Marketing Association (CMA) STAR Award for excellence in marketing.
- Wholesale Wood Products hired Buck Goodwin to lead its hardwood lumber division.
- Laticrete hired Steve Butkovich to the role of regional sales manager.
- James Hardie launched a new website earlier this month.
- Billtrust today released its "Pay Anyone" capability for Invoice Central.
- NACCO Materials Handling Group (NMHG) promoted Chuck Pascarelli to president, Americas.
- WOLF entered into an agreement with Digger Specialties (DSI) to distribute aluminum railing, columns and other special order products to its East Coast customers.
- Intercorp received an evaluation report from ICC Evaluation Service which certifies their Strong-Point products meet International Building Code (IBC) and International Residential Code (IRC) requirements.
- The EPA launched its Energy Star Home Advisor, an online tool designed to help U.S. homeowners save money and energy.
- The American Wood Council elected Sierra Pacific president George Emmerson as its new chairman.
- Snavely Forest Products promoted Bryan Craig to the role of general manager of the Snavely Forest operation in Denver.
- Georgia-Pacific invested approximately $6 million in its Thorsby, Ala., engineered lumber facility.
- Karl Leo, vice president and chief legal adviser to ABC Supply, donated $1.25 million to create a new professorship in law and entrepreneurship at the Duke School of Law, his alma mater.
- Do it Best awarded Simpson Strong-Tie as its 2014 Vendor of the Year.
- APA-The Engineered Wood Association gave Jim Logan, owner and president of Metriguard, the Bronson J. Lewis Award.
- Weyerhaeuser announced it will distribute Ply Gem Trim and Mouldings to dealers throughout the East Coast.
- West Fraser Timber will spend $25 million building two dry kilns at its mill in Augusta, Ga.
- The Michigan Lumber and Building Materials Association (MLBMA) appointed Chris Mans from Mans Lumber & Millwork and Chris Mastrodonato from Louisiana Pacific to its board of directors.
- Emery-Waterhouse promoted Levi Robbins to the newly created role of director of new business and Megan Freise to the role of senior brand manager.
- Vinyl Siding Institute appointed Kate Offringa to the role of president.
- The Mid-America Lumbermens Association elected new officers: Dan Prendergast from Moscow Mills Lumber in Moscow Mills, Mo., will succeed E.C. Barton & Co.'s Greg Smith to be president; Jim Bishop from Vesta Lee Lumber in Bonner Springs, Kan., will be first vice president; Ed Page, from Bowling Green Lumber in Bowling Green, Mo., will be second vice president; Chris Cleaver from Cleaver Farm & Home in Chanute, Kan., and will be third vice president.
- Weyerhaeuser hired Cathy Slater and Adrian Blocker to the roles of of senior vice president of cellulose fibers and wood products, respectively.
- James Booth of Booth Energy Group, and owner of R&J Building Supply was inducted into the Kentucky Entrepreneur Hall of Fame.
- Clark Lumber was chosen by the members of the Macon County Chamber of Commerce to win its large business of the year award in 2014.
- Cedar Creek named Mark Porter its new vice president of operations, and hired Tony Butler to the role of vice president of its South region.
- Fastenal CEO Will Oberton will resign from his post at the end of this year.
- Deckstore appointed Richard Kahn to the role of president.
- Smith Mountain Building Supply hired Mark Gliniecki to the role of vice president of sales and Manley Johnson to the role of sales executive.
- The West Coast Lumber and Building Material Association elected Sean Fogarty as its 2015 president. Fogarty succeeds 2014 president Mark Ganahl of Ganahl Lumber. The WCLBMA also appointed Victor Fresca of ProBuild/Dixieline to the role of first vice president, Mark Boone of Champion Lumber to second vice president, Bobby Senften of Friedman's Home Improvement to treasurer.
- Steve Kerr of Kerr Ace Hardware was elected president of the Western Building Material Association. The WBMA also elected Charley Miller of Miller Lumber and Kimberly Akre of Pacific Building Center to the role of vice president.
- Donnie Wright in September joined McCoy's Building Supply as director of merchandising, forest products, and building materials.
- Gordon Lumber appointed Erin Leonard as its new president.
- Wolf hired Sean French as the company’s newest building products outside sales consultant.
- MoistureShield composite decking invested in a national program with Angie’s List to expand the benefits of its MoistureShield Valued Partner (MVP) program for its contractor partners.
- Boise Cascade appointed Tom Corrick as its chief operating officer.
- 475, a building supply distributor located in New York City, announced new same-day shipping options for its West Coast customers.
- Weil-McLain appointed Sweeney Rogers Geraghty to serve as its manufacturer’s representative in New England, upstate N.Y., and Erie County, Pa.
- The Berkshire Hathaway company Johns Manville named Mary Rhinehart as its chairman.
- ABC Supply promoted Martin Mejia to manage its 529 road branch in Houston.
- Marvin Windows and Doors won the 2014 American Business Ethics Award.
- DMSi was named “Partner of the Year” by software developer Progress.
- DW Distribution promoted Aaron Elliott to president and Todd Raines to vice president of sales. In addition, Glenn Schultz was named interim CFO.
- The Home Depot named Marc Powers executive vice president, U.S. stores.
- Georgia-Pacific will invest $37 million in its Gurdon, Ark., lumber operation to expand capacity by about 60 percent.
- CalStar appointed Jack Barry as its CFO.
- ABC Supply promoted 20 branch managers from around the U.S. to the role of managing partner.
- Wayne Withers, BMC's Northern California market manager, left BMC to start his own framing company in partnership with Loren Konz, BMC's Northern California multifamily framing manager.
- Russin Lumber hired Mike Haas and Scott Passino to its outside sales force.
- Do it Best named Jared Hufford as the new manager of InCom, its industrial and commercial supply division.
- Weyerhaeuser released its 2014 Siding Resource Kit, a free educational tool for LBM dealers and their customers.
- Amerock Hardware appointed Michael Marchi as president and CEO.
- Gypsum Management and Supply appointed Travis Hendren to the role of vice president of mergers and acquisitions.
- Beacon Roofing Supply appointed
Christopher Harrisonas an executive vice president and chief human resources officer.
- Wayne Dalton, a brand of residential and commercial garage doors, celebrates 60 years in the industry this month.
- Associated Materials appointed Scott Stephens as its executive vice president and CFO.
BlueLinx will distribute Weyerhaeuserproducts in the southern halves of La., Miss., and Ala., along with the panhandle of Fla. Snavely Forest Products announced that Mark Spargo will be appointed vice president of its national accounts sector.
- KNAACK launched a new website.
- Feeney partnered with King Architectural Metals to distribute CableRail and DesignRail products nationwide.
- Monsma Marketing Corporation will distribute the Boral Versetta Stone product line.
- Lumber and building material buying cooperatives PAL and ENAP, Inc. today announced they will merge. Read the story here.
- Crown Mats & Matting, a manufacturer of commercial and industrial matting products, changed its name to Crown Matting Technologies.
- Masco spun off its installation services division into an independent company.
- WOLF added Boral Versetta Stone to its distribution network.
- John Marshall was named business development manager, New England, for Novik Sales Corp., the division of Novik Inc. responsible for marketing Novik products throughout the U.S.