- Crown Mats & Matting, a manufacturer of commercial and industrial matting products, changed its name to Crown Matting Technologies.
- Masco spun off its installation services division into an independent company.
- WOLF added Boral Versetta Stone to its distribution network.
- John Marshall was named business development manager, New England, for Novik Sales Corp., the division of Novik Inc. responsible for marketing Novik products throughout the U.S.
- Seneca Sawmill CEO Aaron Jones died at the age of 92. Read the Associated Press obituary here.
- L.J. Smith partnered with WBH Group, which will represent L.J. Smith and Universal Stair Parts throughout Texas, Okla., Ark., Miss., La., Memphis, Tenn., and Wichita, Kan. Michael Martin move into the regional sales manager position to help facilitate the new partnership.
- GAF announced that its Statesboro, Ga., manufacturing facility now produces GAF Cornell ThermaCal nail base roof insulation panels.
- Channellock a plier and hand tool manufacturer, named Jonathan "Jon" S. DeArment as its president and COO.
- BMC hired Jeff Wedge to the role of national director of window sales.
- Ace Hardware selected BlueTarp Financial as the preferred commercial credit program for its stores.
- Bart Weber is now an area manager at Stock Building Supply.
- DMSi Software hired Earl Downing to the role of senior account manager with responsibility for sales in the western United States and the LBM market nationwide.
- Parex promoted Rodrigo Lacerda to president of ParexGroup Americas, and hired James Chilcoff as managing director.
- RISI hired senior international timber economist John Turland to its wood products and timber economic analysis group.
- Bilco's Robert J. Lyons, Jr. will take on the role of chairman and CEO, and Roger Joyce will transition to the position of vice chairman and executive vice president. Tom Crowley, the former vice president of sales and marketing, has been appointed to the role of president of the company.
- Boston Cedar added Judy Murray to its inside sales team.
- Simpson Door named Phil Steklenski as its vice president and general manager.
- The Lumbermen's Association of Texas and Louisiana reported that four dealers, located in Gainesville, Texas; Jasper, Texas, Houston, and Dallas, were robbed of lumber and building materials between Sept. 5 and Sept. 9.
- Parr Lumber named Jon Friesen as manager of the its Tacoma location.
- Short & Paulk Supply promoted Mitzi Phillips to the assistant manager position of its Tifton, Ga., location.
- Tibbetts Lumber promoted Joe Shetler to the role of vice president.
- Metal-Era an engineered roof manufacturer, announced that Roofing Resources will now distribute Metal-Era in Montana, Wyoming, Colorado and New Mexico.
- Huttig Building Products rehired Paul Colliton as its senior director of product management.
- McCoy’s Building Supply became the initial recipient of the McCoy’s Building Supply Corporate Partner of the Year Award, awarded for its significant impact on Habitat for Humanity affiliates through local support.
- Deceuninck North America hired Greg Koch to the position of director of national fenestration sales.
- Jeff Ward was hired to the role of "lean champion" at Franklin Building Supply in Boise, Idaho.
- American Woodmark Corporation promoted Cary Dunston, executive vice president and COO, to the role of president and COO.
- Roofing manufacturer GAF renewed its partnership with Habitat for Humanity, matching its own roofing materials donations with installation services donated by GAF Master Elite and Certified Contractors across the U.S.
- TOTO entered into a distribution agreement with Blackman Plumbing Supply to increase its market reach in the Northeast region of the U.S.
- Former Mead Clark Lumber owner Dusty Destruel died on Aug. 25 at the age of 87.
- Two Central Valley Builders Supply branches located in Napa and American Valley, Calif., suffered minor damaged in the 6.0 magnitude earthquake which hit the region on Aug. 24. The dealer also provided plywood, OSB and two-by-fours for free in limited quantities to help members of the community mitigate damage.
- Ralph Bruno was named president of Novik Sales Corp., the division of Novik responsible for marketing the company's products throughout the U.S., on Aug. 4.
- Delta Gypsum, based in Raleigh, N.C., announced the hiring of Doug Wright as general manager of the company's Raleigh-Durham branch.
- Woodbrowser in Grantham, N.H., launched a purchasing platform for lumber and panel products.
- Home Lumber in Hazard, Ky., celebrated 100 years of business on Aug. 19.
- WOLF announced it will be distributing Boral TruExterior Siding to independent dealers in its territory along the East Coast.
- BlueLinx extended its credit facility's $20 million loan component through June 2015.
- Do it Best appointed Nick Talarico to the role of Divisional Manager on Aug. 1.
- Houston developer InTown Homes partnered with CertainTeed to install AirRenew IAQ Gypsum Board in hundreds of newly-built sustainable homes.
- David Burgess, former owner of TRUSSMAX, joined Homestead Building Systems as the representative for the central Virginia region.
- The U.S. division of Arauco appointed Jake Elston to the role of vice president of corporate operations; Rob Henry to CFO; Mike Rosso to vice president of manufacturing; Kevin Shobolt to vice president of sales and marketing; and Russ Jordan to vice president of sales.
- La Loma Windows & Doors announced Tuesday that Randy Nagle joined the company as vice president of sales and marketing.
- The Building Material Suppliers Association (BMSA) elected new officers 2014-15: Chairman Mike Moore from T.W. Perry; 1st vice chairman Joe Allen from Anderson Lumber; 2nd vice chairman George S. Miser from Lumber Service Inc.; treasurer Chris Yenrick from Smith Phillips Building Supply; immediate past president Jon Stier from Stier Supply; vice president and secretary Cindy Hartley from the BMSA; and president Lynn Schwarz, also from the BMSA.
- Versatex launched a new website with separate sections for builders, contractors and architects.
- Klein Tools announced that Mathias Klein III will retire as chairman of the board in June, 2015.
- Weyerhauser posted net earnings of $280 million on total net sales of $1.96 billion.
- Klein Tools hired James Pultorak as vice-president of manufacturing.
- ABC Supply named Paul Drobnitch director of corporate development to look for new market acquisitions.
- Johns Manville will merge its American, European, and Asian activities for engineered products into one global business unit.
- Do it Best's vice president of lumber and building materials, Quent Ondricek will retire and be succeeded by Gary Nackers, currently director of program development for the company's lumber and building materials division. Read the story here.
- Mathew Hall in St. Cloud, Minn., will celebrate its 125th anniversary of business on July 30.
- Simpson Door Company launched a new website.
- ProBuild helped raise more than $560,000 to be to be donated among nonprofits City of Hope, Habitat for Humanity, and HomeAid America.
- MFM Building Products, a manufacturer of waterproofing and weather barrier products, announced an underlayment co-branding program consisting of a custom print die with a customer’s logo and contact information, a customized technical data sheet, and carton stickers.
- Weyerhaeuser will invest $57 million over the next three years to install two continuous direct fired kilns and a new planer mill at its Philadelphia, Miss., softwood lumber mill.
- Van Mark Products, a manufacturer of specialty site tools and equipment based in Farmington Hills, Mich., celebrates its 50th anniversary this year.
- Ply Gem appointed Eric Spence to the role of senior vice president of sales and marketing of Ply Gem Windows.
- Forest2Market moved Sam Houston from the role of CFO to the COO position and split its operations department into two divisions.
- Snavely will distribute Accoya wood from locations in Pennsylvania, Colorado, Texas, North Carolina, and Maryland.
- Sierra Pacific promoted Kendall Pierson to president of the company's windows division.
- Sheet Metal Supply will distribute Metal-Era roofing products to Northern Illinois.
- BlueLinx will distribute Fairway and Solutions railing in Florida and Cincinnati.
- Brandon Shuler became general manager at Guy C. Lee Building Materials in June.
- APA-The Engineered Wood Association will add Thompson River Veneer Products, a British Columbia-based manufacturer of dry veneer and plywood, as its newest member, effective August 1.
- Stock Building Supply appointed Bryan J. Yeazel to the role of chief operating officer, and C. Lowell Ball to the position of senior vice president and general counsel. Read the story here.
- NyloBoard is now distributed to the Pacific Northwest, Northeast, Mid-Atlantic, and Midwest through Vandermeer Forest Products in Lynwood, Wash.; Holbrook Lumber in Guilderland, N.Y.; Cardinal Building Products in Leola, Pa.; Jim Mackie Distribution in Romulus, Mich.; and Dixie Plywood and Lumber in Charlotte, N.C.
- Ply Gem's Engineered Slate Roofing will be distributed by Parksite to building material dealers in 16 states throughout the Northeast and Mid-Atlantic markets. The roofing product will be available in those regions by mid-July.
- Rinnai hired Frank Windsor to serve as the company's U.S. general manager.
- Cedar Creek promoted five employees to the role of vice president: Mark Corso, Mark Porter, Paul Wetmore, Mike Wilson, and Alex Averitt.
- The trustees of the South Carolina Housing Hall of Fame inducted W.B. “Bill” Cox, Sr into the society for his work in and support of the area's housing industry.