- Higginbotham Brothers will open a new store in Mexia, Texas, on Sept. 26.
- A lumberyard operating as an Ace Hardware Store is for sale in central/west Texas. More.
- A mystery yard in Minnesota is for sale. More.
- Youngblood Builders Supply will open in Memphis, Tenn. It will succeed Hyman Builders Supply. More.
- ABC Supply acquires Sidewinder Supply, Inc., Show Low, Ariz. More.
- Kinzler Construction Services, Ames, Iowa, opened a new location in Cedar Rapids, Iowa. More.
- Elite Roofing Supply opened two locations: one in Phoenix in February and on in Pittsburg, Ca., in May.
- McCoy's Building Supply will open two new locations in 2017: Montgomery and Alvin, Texas.
- Two Harbors Lumber Co., Two Harbors, Minn., is for sale. More.
- GMS acquired Steven Kempf Building Material Company, King of Prussia, Penn. More.
- Tuttle Lumber, San Marcos, Texas, closed last year. More.
- Mead Lumber, Columbus, Neb., acquired a lumberyard in Salinas, Kan., to better serve the north-central Kansas area. The lumberyard used to house Payless Cashways and ProBuilt. More.
- A lumberyard that serves west Georgia and east Alabama is for sale. The company's name wasn't revealed. More.
- Martin’s Hardware & Lumber Co., Houston, Texas, opened a new location.
- Franklin Building Supply, ProSales’ 2016 Dealer of the Year, held a grand re-opening of its Caldwell, Idaho, location on Aug. 15. More.
- Fleet Farm opened its new store in Hermantown, Minn., that will include a lumberyard. More.
- Townsend Building Supply, Chipley, Fla., will be expanding its operations in Dothan, Ala., next year. More.
- Colucci Lumber, Malaga, N.J., was destroyed by a three-alarm fire on July 31. More.
- Clark Lumber and True Value Hardware, Tualatin, Ore., was destroyed by a fire on July 31. More.
- ProBuild closed its Harlingen, Texas, store in September 2013.
- Cardinal Building Center, Libby, Mont., has closed. More.
- SRS Distribution announced the opening of three new facilities: Lincoln, Neb.; Wylie, Texas; and a second location in San Antonio, Texas.
- A fire burned down a building at Steinkamp Home Center in Huntingburg, IN. The Lumberyard remains open and operational. Read more
- Zeeland Lumber will celebrate the grand opening of its latest store in Mishawaka, Ind.
- GNH Lumber in Windham, NY has been authorized a grant from the Flood Hazard Mitigation Implementation Program to relocate. Read more
- The former site of Hughes Lumber in Charleston, SC has received conceptual approval to become a parking garage. Read more
- Tum-A-Lum hosted a grand re-opening celebrating the remodeling of its Hood River, Ore location.
- Closson Lumber in Logansport, Ind. has closed as the result of a fire. The lumberyard and antique store was already in the process of being closed. Read more
- Novik has acquired Exteria Building Products of Miami, Fla. Read more
- Kuiken Brothers opened its new drive-through warehouse and doubled the inventory at its Emerson, N.J. location.