- ABC Supply has opened a new location in Charlottesville, Va.
- Masonite has completed its acquisition of USA Wood Door in Thorofare, N.J.
- Canfor Corporation has entered an agreement to acquire Anthony Forest Products Company from El Dorado, Ark.
- Mouldings inc, a specialty mouldings and doors retailer will open in Beltsville, MD on October 12.
- Ro-Mac Lumber lost a commercial structure in a fire. Read the full story
- ABC Supply will buy Norandex. Read the full story
- Arrow Building Supply has been sold to private equity firm Aiglon Capital Management. Read the full story
- Beacon Roofing Supply will buy Roofing Supply Group. Read the full story.
- US LBM's Wisconsin Building Supply acquired Trantow Do-It Center of Merrill, Wis. Read the full story
- US LBM acquired GBS Supply from South Carolina. Read the full story
- MORSCO has acquired substantially all of the assets of Murray Supply Company based in N.C. The new locations will continue to operate as Murray Supply Company, a MORSCO Company.
- Franklin Building Supply will close its location in Winnemucca, Nev. Read the full story
- Talbert Building Supply has opened a new location in Asheboro, N.C.
- US LBM acquired Gold & Reiss in Brooklyn, N.Y. Read the full story
- 84 Lumber will open 10 new locations and close eight older ones. Read the full story
- ABC Supply has opened a new location in Logan, Utah.
- Builders Support and Supply has opened a new distribution center in Erie, PA.
- Georgia-Pacific is closing its specialty wood-products factory in Phillips, WI. Read the full story.
- Grafton True Value and Hardware is hosting its grand opening Friday in Grafton, N.D. Read the whole story.
- Jeld-Wen acquired Aneeta Window Systems in Australia.
- VT Industries acquired Capitoline Products in Holstein, IA.
- Talbert Building Supply is hosting its grand opening Sept 15 in Asheboro, N.C.
- Oldcastle BuildingEnvelope has acquired C.R. Laurence, a manufacturer and distributor located in California.
- Town and Country Industries has acquired certain assets of KTC Metals. Read the Full Story
- Ansley Lumber & Supply in Ansley, Nebraska is up for sale.
- 84 Lumber in St. Augustine, Fla has re-opened. It was closed in January of 2011.
- Hines Supply, a subsidiary of US LBM, has opened a new location in Bloomington, Ill.
- GAF has completed its acquisition of Quest Construction Products.
- Derstler Lumber-Concordia is now owned and operated by Darrell and Terry Derstler.
- Tahlequah Lumber purchased Wagoner Lumber in Wagoner, Okla.
- Probuild in Salina, Kan. will close at the end of September. This is the first official closure since Probuild was purchased by BFS earlier this year.
- Carter Lumber will open two new locations in Powder Springs, Ga. and Lexington, N.C.
- Clovis Lumber Yard in Clovis, Calif. has closed.
- A lumber yard in Tennessee with a revenue of $4.3 million and an inventory value of $300,000 is for sale for $1.1 million Read the full story
- Cedar Creek has moved to a new facility in Madison, Wisc.
- Allied Building Products has consolidated several locations at its Honolulu, Hawaii location.
- JELD-WEN Windows and Doors has acquired the Oslo, Norway based Dooria. Read the full story
- Aurora Lumber Company in Aurora, Ind. has closed its showroom after a fire. Read the full story
- Ziegler Building Center in Rapid City, SD will close its two locations. Read the full story
- Lansing Building Products opened a new location in Cincinnati, Ohio.
- Roseburg Forest Products has entered an agreement to purchase a Medium Density Fiberboard facility from SierraPine in Medford, OR.
- ABC Supply has opened a new branch in Kent, Wash.
- Northeast Building Supply has acquired Architectural Building Components in Hackensack, NJ.
- Former COO of Restoration Hardware Ken Dunaj has purchased The Building Supply Center in Point Reyes, Calif. Read the full story
- Parksite acquired Lavelle Company. Read the full story
- ABC Supply purchased Oregon Roofers Supply. Read the full story
- ABC Supply opened a new branch in Jacksonville, N.C.
- Stock Building Supply acquired Guilford Builders Supply.
- Beacon Roofing Supply opened a new branch in Boston, Mass.
- Hardman's Home and Hardware opened a new location in Ripley, W.Va.
- Lansing Building Products has opened a new location in Cincinnati.
- Menards will open a new store in Kalamazoo, Mich. on Sept. 1.
- CertainTeed Gypsum will purchase Structus Building Technologies from Bend, Oregon.
- A fire at Southern Wholesale in Spartanburg County, South Carolina damaged one building.
- Kingdom Timber & Lumber in Green Valley, Ill burned down after a fire.
- RSG has opened five new locations. Read the full story
- Crocker's Ace Hardware in Le Roy, NY has opened a new lumber yard.
- Pennco Windows manufacturing plant in Ashland, Ky. is up for sale.
- Drake Building Supply in Maryville Mo. is closing its location on Business Highway 41.
- ABC Distributors in Arlington, Va. is closing.
- SRS opened 3 new locations: a roofing supply and delivery store in Provo, Utah; a B&L Wholesale Supply in Pittsburgh; and a Southern Shingles in Little Rock, Ark.
- Herrman Lumber opened a new showroom in Joplin, Miss.
- Gordon Lumber has closed and is selling its Oak Harbor, Ohio location.
- Gordon Lumber is selling its Fremont, Ohio office space.
- House-Hasson has acquired Long-Lewis Hardware from Birmingham, Ala.
- CanWel Building Materials has completed its acquisition of California Cascade Industries. Read the full story
- Environmental StoneWorks has acquired Briden Construction in Hinckley, Ohio.