- Muscatine Lumber, Muscatine, Iowa, opened June 20. It took over the former location of Builders World Lumber and Hardware.
- Builders World Lumber and Hardware, Muscatine, Iowa, closed in May 2014.
- Donora Lumber, Donora, Pa., will be hosting an auction on June 13 at 10:00 AM for a complete liquidation. More.
- ABC Supply has acquired GK Building Supply Corp. of Port Chester, N.Y. GK Building Supply will be moved to ABC’s new location in Stamford, Conn.
- Emmet Vaughn Lumber Co., Knoxville, Tenn., will be closing at the end of July. More.
- US LBM has acquired Raymond Building Supply which has five locations throughout southern Florida. More.
- Moscow & Pullman Building Supply had its grand reopening at its Pullman, Wash., store from June 3 to June 5.
- Bender Lumber opened a new facility in Bloomington, Ind. The yard was occupied at first by Wickes and later by ProBuild.
- SRS Distribution has opened new stores in San Diego and Fresno, Calif., and in Fife and Spokane, Wash. More.
- Larrabee’s Building Supply, West Danville, Vt., held a grand reopening of its store over several days in late May.
- A.H. Harris & Sons, a supplier of commercial building supplies, has expanded its operations in New Haven, Conn. Story
- CertainTeed has acquired Matterhorn metal roofing brand from Michigan-based Quality Edge, Inc.
- STIHL Group has acquired a minority share of the Globe Tools Group. More.
- Fritz Lumber, Berwyn, Pa., will close after 153 years. More.
- ABC Supply plans to expand its reach in South Bend, Ind., after purchasing 3.2 acres at Oliver Industrial Park. More.
- ABC Supply has opened a store in Annapolis, Md.
- Howe Lumber, East Brookfield, Mass., consolidated its two lumberyards to a single location. More.
- Elevations Design Solutions by Myers has opened its new showroom in Ellicott City, Md.
- Seal’s Home Center in Coudersport, Pa., will close July 2 because its owner is retiring. The company will sell all its equipment in an auction on July 16. Details
- Building Industry Partners has created U.S. Fence Solutions to invest in Split Rail Fence & Supply of Littleton and Dacono, Colo. More.
- Cedar Creek has acquired Universal Building Specialties of Auburndale, Fla. More.
- 84 Lumber wants to open a new Truss Plant in north central Ohio. More.
- SRS has acquired Atlantic Roofing Distributors, which has branches in North Carolina and South Carolina.
- 9 Brothers Building Supply opened a new location in Riverhead, N.Y. in March 2015.
- Associated Building Supply opened a new location in Pacific Grove, Calif., on April 14. More.
- Hancock Lumber opened a new facility in Kennebunk, Maine.
- San Joaquin Lumber Company will close its last yard in Stockton, Calif.
- The Lyman Cos.’ ABC Cabinetry division, opened the Elevations design showroom in St. Louis Park, Minn., last September. Lyman is a unit of US LBM. Story
- Tuckerton (N.J.) Lumber is for sale. More.
- McCoy’s Building Supply’s Gonzales, Texas, store will be re-opening the week of April 25 after repaving its lumberyard, including a Lumber Drive-Thru, and making minor changes to the store’s interior. The company’s Greenville, Miss., store will be reopening the week of April 25 after receiving a newly-paved concrete drive-thru lumberyard and several changes to the store’s interior, such as polished floors and new warehouse racking.
- Canfor Corp. said it has completed the acquisition of Wynndel Box & Lumber in Crescent Valley, B.C. More
- Short & Paulk Supply has opened a new location in Cuthbert, Ga.. Read more here.
- Innovative Chemical Products Group has acquired Fomo Products, Inc., a manufacturer of one- and two-component polyurethane foam sealants and adhesives. Read more here.
- Erickson Construction has broken ground on its new High Desert Truss and Lumberyard facility in Reno, Nev. Read more here.
- Ashby Lumber acquired Well Hung Doors of Newark, Calif., in January. The facility now operates as Ashby Door and Window.
- Evanston (Ill.) Lumber Company acquired Marvin Design Gallery and Estates Windows in February. The company will now operate as Marvin Design Gallery by Evanston Lumber.
- BMC has opened a design center in Austin, Texas.
- L&W Supply closed its locations in Canutillo, Texas; Wausau, Wis.; Kitsap, Wash.; and Joplin, Mo., in 2015.
- OpenGate Capital has completed its acquisition of the Window and Door Division of Royal Building Products. Read more here.
- A.H. Harris has acquired Kenseal Construction Products.
- Arrow Building Center will be opening a new location in Chippewa Falls, Wis. Read more here.
- Huttig Building Products has acquired BenBilt. Read more here.
- U.S. Lumber has acquired Boston Cedar. Read more here.
- WPI Building Supply has opened a new showroom inside its store in Florence, Ala. Read more here.
- US LBM has acquired Baltimore-based ALCO Doors. Read more here.
- Quaker Windows and Doors will be opening a new manufacturing facility in Vienna, Mo.
- Beacon Roofing Supply has acquired Atlantic Building Products and Lyf-Tym Building Products. Read more here.
- Gypsum Management and Supply has acquired Professional Handling and Distribution. Read more here.