- AKDO will open a new showroom in the Flatiron District of New York.
- Foundation Building Materials acquired Gypsum Supply Company and Commercial Building Materials in January 2016. Read more here.
- Marjam has opened a new location in Sarasota, Fla.
- A former ProBuild location has closed in Liberty, N.Y.
- Chinook Lumber closed its Ephrata, Wash. location in January 2016.
- Chinook Lumber opened a new location in Arlington, Wash. in February 2016.
- MarJam opened a new store in Bronx, N.Y. last December. The store used to be an ElJam Products store.
- Sun Valley Supply, a company owned by Gypsum Management and Supply, will be opening a second location in Tucson, Ariz.
- Truss/Slater Co. has been sold to Lumberyard Suppliers of East Peoria. Read more here.
- Nilsen Co. has opened a new location in Aracata, Calif. Read more here.
- Quinn Lumber, Sturgis, Ky., closed in late 2013.
- Owens Corning has announced it will acquire InterWrap. Read more here.
- Builder Specialties, Inc. and Construction Resources Inc. have been acquired by Monomoy Capital Partners and will be merged into one company under the name Construction Resources. Read more here.
- Kight Kitchen and Design Center has opened in Bowling Green, Kentucky. Read more here.
- The Tapco Group has acquired Deceuninck North America’s Clubhouse Deck & Rail Products of Monroe, Ohio.
- Bernzen Lumber in Quincy, Ill. is closing. Read more here.
- Northland Lumber and Supply, based in Fairfax, Minn., has opened a design center in Redwood Falls, Minn. Story
- Port Huron Building Supply will close by the end of March after facing serious legal issues. Read more here.
- TreeHouse plans to open a new store in Dallas in 2017. Read more here.
- Prince Lumber is moving from the corner of West 15th St. and 9th Ave. to 47th St. between 11th and 12th avenues.
- Valley Distributors in Turlock, Calif., has closed. Story
- Marjam Supply opened a store in Riverhead, N.Y., that formerly was occupied by Riverhead Building Supply. Story
- Gypsum Management and Supply has acquired Robert N. Karpp Co. Read more here.
- The city of Torrance, Calif., says it expects to issue building permits soon for Ganahl Lumber’s planned new facility in the Southern California community.
- Lowe’s wants to spend billions to acquire Canada’s Rona Corp. chain. Story
- Donora Lumber of Donora, Pa. has closed. Read more here.
- Amerhart has acquired Lumberyard Supply Co in St. Louis, Mo.
- ENAP and Progressive Affiliated Lumberman have merged to become LBM Advantage.
- Riverhead Building Supply acquired Nassau Suffolk Lumber and Thurber Lumber. Read more here.
- Gypsum Management and Supply acquired Gypsum Supply Company.
- Riverhead Building Supply in New York has acquired certain assets of Nassau Suffolk Lumber and Thurber Lumber. Read more here
- 84 Lumber plans to build a new components manufacturing facility in Franklin, In. Read more here
- Construction Materials Inc. plans to open a new location in Bradenton, Fl. Read more here
- JELD-WEN has entered into an agreement to acquire TREND Windows & Doors in Australia.
- Beacon Roofing Supply has acquired Statewide Wholesales in Denver, Colo. Learn more here
- ABC Supply has acquired the assets of ROOFTEK Roofing Supplies from Miamisburg, Ohio.
- Frontier Building Supply has opened in Coupeville, Wash. Learn more here
- Simpson Strong-Tie has acquired Blue Heron Enterprises and Fox Chase Enterprises.