- Talbert Building Supply will open a new location in Asheboro, N.C., in May.
- Gypsum Management and Supply acquired Ohio Valley Building Products of Wheeling, W.Va. Read the story here.
- Morrow-Gill Lumber in Sand Springs, Okla., closed.
- Beacon Roofing Supply opened a new branch in Ocala, Fla. Read the story here.
- Arrowhead Building Supply opened a new location in a branch in Fairview Heights, Ill., which will include a shingle collection and recycling facility.
- Matt's Building Materials opened a branch in Palmview, Texas.
- Brand X Lumber changed its name to The Lumberyard under new ownership.
- Sanford & Hawley acquired Rogers Sash & Door and will close the company’s Newington, Conn., location. Read the story here.
- Cassity Jones acquired Allen Millwork. Read the story here.
- Yosemite Lumber was purchased by longtime manager, James Bates. Bates acquired the company from the Chukchansi Indian Tribe, owners since 2010. Under new ownership the company will go back to its original name, Yosemite Falls Lumber.
- St. Paul, Minn.-based USI acquired Cardalls Insulation, a Logan, Utah-based insulation services contractor.
- Grafton True Value Hardware in Grafton, Va., will now carry lumber, and changed its name to to Grafton True Value Hardware and Lumber. To accommodate the change, the store will relocate the its original location in Grafton located on on Hill Avenue.
- Delta Gypsum, a drywall supply yard, opened locations in Winston-Salem and Raleigh, N.C
- Pullman Building Supply will open a branch under the name The Home Store in Pullman, Wash.
- Builders FirstSource acquired Timber Tech. Read the story here.
- ABC Supply opened two new branches. Read the story here.
- S.W. Collins will relocate to a new lumberyard in Lincoln, Maine, on Feb. 10.
- Brickl Brothers and Select Trusses and Lumber, both previously co-owned by brothers Jim and Stan Brickl, have split into two companies. Jim Brickl is now the owner of Select Trusses and Lumber, and Stan Brickl now owns Brickl Brothers.
- ABC Supply will move into a 50,000 square-foot building at Burton Business and Industrial Park in Jacksonville, N.C.
- American Roofing Supply opened a location in Metairie, La.
- Cape Cod Lumber in Abington, Mass., moved its retail center to a new location.
- Barker Lumber in Delavan, Wis., was acquired by Home Lumber of Whitewater, Wis.
- Wellsboro Building Supply in Wellsboro, Pa., moved to a new location.
- Pittsburgh-based Busy Beaver Building Centers will open a home improvement center in Fairmont, W.Va.
- HomeFront Home Improvement Center in Greenwood, Miss., acquired Joiner’s Discount Building Supply in Carthage, Miss.
- ABC Supply acquired Gilbert Supply in Marcy, N.Y. Read the story here.
- Tague Lumber acquired Doylestown Lumber in Doylestown, Pa., and will move the dealer to a new location.
- Gulfeagle Supply acquired Roslyn Supply, a distributor of building materials with 5 locations northwest of Philadelphia.