- The Window and Door Manufacturers Association (WDMA) board of directors elected Al Babiuk of Loewen Windows as its 2015-2017 chair. Babiuk succeeds outgoing chair Steve Donner of Weiland Sliding Doors and Windows.
- Eastern Metal Supply will now exclusively carry Saint-Gobain's New York Wire product family.
- LP Building Products redesigned its company website.
- ProBuild is remodeling its Jamestown, N.D., branch.
- Ward Lumber appointed Mark Lacy to the role of store manager at its Jay, N.Y. branch.
- Timber manufacturer Pro South announced plans to add a new $2 million sawmill to its Booneville, Miss., plant.
- Russin Lumber will distribute KWP Eco-Side engineered wood siding and trim.
- Tom Highley is the new president and CEO of Guardian Building Products.
- Georgia Pacific acquired RoyOMartin's Rocky Creek Lumber operation in Mexia, Ala.
- Reflections Glass, based on the island of Oahu, Hawaii, signed an exclusive agreement to offer Diamon-Fusion protective coating as a standard feature on its inventory of shower doors.
- Nail Gun Depot, an online retailer of nail guns and accessories, plans to a mobile-optimized website in mid-to-late 2015.
- Minnkota Windows opened a new 78,000 square foot manufacturing facility.
- Fomo Products hired Zachary Utz as its marketing product manager.
- Boral Roofing will open a new Design Center in Phoenix, Ariz., on March 26.
- Milgard Windows & Doors announced it will open a new manufacturing facility in Grand Prairie, Texas.
- Novik named Joseph Ragsdale as its north central territory sales manager, Kathleen Schirmer as its Mid-Atlantic territory sales manager, and Thomas Rachfal as its north central regional sales manager.
- Weyerhauser promoted Jan Marrs to the role of area general manager; added Andrew Little, Danelle Wilder, and Martina Martinez to a new outside sales team based in Richmond, Va.; moved outside sales rep Tim Reed to the company's the distribution center; and hired Paul Bryant as a product sales representative.
- Cascade Manufacturing hired Wes Farr to serve as plant manager to its Tyler, Texas, cold-formed steel truss plant.
- Versatex hired regional sales manager Steve Traczyk and regional market development specialist Jeffrey Dahdah.
- Lindy Ryan, senior vice president of Tecta America Southeast in Sanford, Fla., was elected the next president of the National Roofing Contractors Association.
- Boise Cascade announced a new spending program to replace two veneer dryers at its Florien, La., plywood plant with a new, larger dryer expected to be finished by mid-2016.
- The Southern Forest Products Association (SFPA) announced that, for the fifth consecutive year, shipments of southern pine lumber in 2014 totaled 15.79 billion board feet, an increase of 5% over the volume shipped in 2013.
- Snavely Forest Products promoted Kellie Radzik to the role of CFO, Clark Spitzer to the role of senior vice president, Carl Lamb and Bryan Kirit to vice president, and Mary Piplica to controller and treasurer.
- Diane Hendricks, owner and chairman of ABC Supply, is the 481st wealthiest person in the world with a net worth of $3.6 billion, according to Forbes.
- Fasco America appointed Chad Giese to the role of product specialist in addition to his current role as north central territory manager. The company also hired Gary Ward as its new south west territory manager.
- LaCantina Doors hired Tim McCleery to the role of customer service manager.
- Jeff Willis was promoted to senior VP for Roofing Supply Group's western division.
- Mark Hicks, who we featured in our My Yardsticks section last April, was promoted to the role of director of national accounts of 84 Lumber's Northeast division.
- D. Wayne Trousdale is Cedar Creek's new CEO.
- Robert B. Waterhouse was appointed senior vice president and general manager of L&W Supply.
- American Standard Brands appointed Michael Marchi as its first-ever COO.
- Marvin, Integrity and Infinity Replacement Windows are now under the Marvin family of brands.
- BlueLinx locations in Fredricksburg, Va., and Richmond, Va., are now distributing NyloDeck, NyloPorch and NyloSheet products.
- G4 Products Group is now representing Metal-Era in Georgia.
- GAF moved its corporate headquarters from Wayne, N.J. to 1 Campus Drive in Parsippany, N.J.
- Orchard Supply Hardware, a division of Lowe’s, named Bob Tellier its new president.
- Saint-Gobain sold its U.S. distributor, Meyer Decorative Surfaces, to Rugby Architectural Building Products on Dec. 31 of last year.
- Do it Best will now sell Granite Gold brand stone-care products.
- Derek Henrey was appointed CFO of BW Creative Railing Systems.
- The merger of wood manufacturers Ainsworth and Norbord was approved by the Supreme Court of British Columbia.
- Atlas Roofing promoted Tom Robertson to the role of business unit manager for the company's Wall CI Board Polyiso division.
- BlueLinx will distribute Boral's TruExterior trim and siding product lines in the upper Midwest.
- Jason Ostrem, an inspector with the Northeastern Lumber Manufacturers Association, was promoted to the position of wood packaging inspection program coordinator.
- Cascade Manufacturing in Cascade, Iowa, opened a cold-formed steel truss production facility in Tyler, Texas.
- Phil Garuccio was named divisional vice president 84 Lumber's central division.
- Chris Chiles succeeded Oscar Hughes as Dunbarton's president.
- Wood products company Tembec plans to invest $50 million over the next five years to upgrade it Ontario, Canada, sawmills.
- SnapDragon hired Kristen Sommer to the role of marketing specialist, Steve Coco to the position of executive recruiter, Hayley Barnard to social media assistant, and Stefanie Taylor to research recruiter. The company also promoted Madyson Caruso to the role of account managers, Bob Lambert to vice president of sales and marketing, and Bob King to vice president of business development.
- Tom Hodgson, executive vice president of operations at Alexander Lumber, retired after 23 years.
- Manufacturer Franke added the following sales representatives: Quality Sales in Ore., Wash., and Mont.; Southwest Sales in Texas; and Emerson Swan in Conn., Maine, N.H., and Vt.
- Billtrust partnered with zlien, a technology company that automates the lien process.
- AVM Industries entered into a distribution partnership with ABC Supply to distribute AVM products at their West Coast locations.
- Oatey added Delco Sales as a plumbing wholesale representative.
- Legacy Manufacturing promoted Corbin J. Mollman to regional sales manager.
- Ralph “Bill” Stoker, CEO of PMC Building Materials in Marietta Ga., passed away on Jan. 19 after a long illness.
- Versatex appointed Evan M. Kaffenes to the role of vice president and CFO.
- WOLF Home Products announced it will add a painted white finish to its Builders Mark line of cabinets, available in 28 eastern, mid-western and southern states.
- Jordan Doria was named vice president of market development of the North American Insulation Manufacturers Association (NAIMA).
- Warner Robins Building Supply won the Charles K. Shaheen Small Business of the Year award at the Pinnacle Awards in Warner Robins, Ga.
- BMC appointed Rick Shelly to the role of manager of Northern California market and Mike Heller to manager of the company's Colorado market.
- Do it Best launched a new consumer website and e-commerce platform.
- Boise Cascade appointed Tom Corrick as its new CEO. Corrick will succeed Tom Carlile, will retire in March after 42 years with the company.
- Causeway Lumber in Fort Lauderdale, Fla., turned 75.
- Snavely Forest Products will distribute Palight Trimboard products by Palram, manufacturer of polycarbonate and PVC sheets.
Dec. 21, 2014:
- Interfor acquired four U.S. sawmills from Simpson Lumber.
- Simpson Strong-Tie won a Construction Marketing Association (CMA) STAR Award for excellence in marketing.
- Wholesale Wood Products hired Buck Goodwin to lead its hardwood lumber division.
Dec. 17, 2014: