- Stock Building Supply opened a lumber and building materials distribution facility in Troutman, N.C. Story
- Walker Lumber Do it Best in Minong, Wis., is for sale by the owners.
- Extech Building Materials, acquired Pasvalco, a natural-stone supplier and custom stone fabricator in Closter, N.J.
The Building Center, Pineville, N.C., acquired Overman Building Supply in Burlington, N.C., and converted it into a branch of The Building Center in March.
- ABC Supply opened a branch in Fort Wayne, Ind. The new location will be managed by Jason Hirsch.
- A $44,000 grant awarded by U.S. Department of Energy contractor Fluor-B&W Portsmouth will help revive the Sherwood Forest lumber mill in Waverly, Ohio.
- ProBuild closed a location in Austin, Minn.
- Marling Lumber will move its Madison, Wis., business to a new location.
- LS Building Products is opening another branch in East Peoria, Ill.
- Shaw Building Supply, in Mount Olive, Ala., opened a new interior design showroom.
- Parker East Lumber in Bothell, Wash., closed.
- Ply Gem partnered with Ohio-based Marsh Building Products to open a showroom in Cincinnati.
- Genova Products, a plumbing and building materials manufacturer, will lease a 100,000-square-foot factory in Paducah, Ky.
- Plyler Supply moved into a 215,000-square-foot warehouse and distribution building in Winston-Salem, N.C.
- Laticrete purchased the DuPont Surface Care business.
- Sprenger Midwest is building a two-story addition at its lumberyard in Sioux Falls, N.D.
- Wimsatt Building Materials plans to open a location in Grand Rapids, Mich.
- Milwaukee Tool acquired the Empire Level business based in Mukwonago, Wis.
- Central Network Retail Group acquired Parkrose Hardware, which operates two stores in Portland, Ore., and in Vancouver, Wash.
- VPI Quality Windows, based in Spokane, Wash., acquired Beaverton, Ore., company Mercer Windows.
- Sterling Lumber expanded its operations into a new 520,000-square-foot, 60-acre facility in Phoenix, Ill.
- Tomahawk (Wis.) Lumber and Pukall Lumber in Arbor Vitae, Wis., will merge taking the Pukall name.
- Royal Building Products will invest $24 million in its Newbern, Tenn., manufacturing facility.
- ProBuild closed its Clinton, Wash., location.
- Malheur Lumber will add 20 to 30 jobs and a new shift at the company's John Day, Ore., mill.
- Rough and Ready Lumber will reopen thanks to a $1 million business loan and $4 million in state and federal tax credits that will pay for upgrading the small-log mill to handle logs as small as 6 inches in diameter.
- Ford Lumber & Millwork, based in Mobile, Ala., will move into a former two-story Harley Davidson dealership building in Daphne, Ala., and convert the space into a warehouse.
- Carrier's sawmill in Big River, Saskatchewan, which closed in 2007, reopened.
- L&W Supply opened a new location in White Marsh, Md., with a showroom and warehouse, and an expanded tool line inventory.
- MacDonald & Owen Lumber acquired the dry kiln facility, Kerr Forest Products, in Bowling Green, Ky.
- Tibbetts Lumber opened a location in Ocala, Fla.
- Busy Beaver, a home improvement retailer, will lease a 22,000-square-foot store in the Pittsburgh neighborhood of Lawrenceville.
- ProBuild will open a roof truss plant in Villa Rica, Ga.
- Fargo-based Minnkota
Windows will break ground on a new 78,000-square-foot manufacturing
facility in West Fargo, N.D., on May 15 at 2 p.m.
- Bell Lumber and Pole opened a plant in Sidney, Neb.
- ABC Supply, Beloit, Wis., opened a branch in Denton, Texas.
- Seattle-based Green Diamond Resource announced that its subsidiary, California Redwood, will transition out of the redwood lumber business.
- Babb Lumber added a new mill outlet yard at its pressure treated wood products plant in Ringgold, Ga.
- US LBM in Greenbay, Wis., acquired three companies belonging to the Desert family of Nevada: Desert Lumber & Truss and Desert Fasteners & Supply of Las Vegas, and Integrity Truss of Cedar City, Utah.
- Tri-Supply will spend $5 million to expand and relocate to Temple, Texas.
- Bayou State Lumber in Livonia, La., acquired and reopened a sawmill in Le Moyen, La.
- Lincoln Contractors Supply plans to construct a new facility on a 4.3-acre site in Weston, Wis., which will include a sales and service center and a building for storage of off-season equipment.
- Carroll’s Home Improvement Centre in Shelton, Conn., closed its doors after more than 60 years of operation.
- DeKalb Building Supply in DeKalb, Ill., will open its doors starting in May.
- Hammond Lumber, based in Belgrade, Maine, bought Dexter Supply in Wilton, Maine.
- Koppers acquired the wood preservation and railroad services businesses of Osmose Holdings.
- Simonson Lumber and Hardware closed its store in Grafton, N.D., after 83 years of business.
- US LBM acquired Jones Lumber in Boca Raton, Fla.
- Green Bay, Wis.-based Wisconsin Building Supply opened two new locations in the Fond du Lac, Wis., area. The dealer is a subsidiary of US LBM.
- Ed Graafsma will manage Hines Supply’s newly opened building supply center and design showroom in Grayslake, Ill. The Buffalo Grove, Ill., dealer is also a subsidiary of US LBM.
- Saint-Gobain signed a long-term lease for a 320,000-square-foot space for its new, state-of-the-art North American corporate headquarters in Malvern, Pa.
- Noser Lumber in McAllen, Texas, will close after more than 80 years in business.
- Van Wert Lumber will open in May, after receiving a $35,000 loan from the City of Van Wert (Ohio) Economic Development Revolving Loan Fund. The lumberyard was a former Carter Lumber location.
- Cheboygan Lumber and Rivertown Do-It Center, both in Cheboygan, Mich., closed due to foreclosure. Company president Roy Schryer hopes to reopen at least one of the locations after negotiations with creditors.
- Roofing Supply Group opened a new location in Fort Myers, Fla., to serve the southwest Florida market, including the counties of Lee, Collier, and Charlotte, Fla.
- W.J. Word Lumber in Scottsboro, Ala., closed after nearly 122 years in business.
- National Lumber, based in Baltimore, completed a 10,000-square-foot warehouse addition.
- West Fraser acquired the assets of Bibler Brothers Lumber in Russellville, Ark.
- Hixson Lumber in Magnolia, Ark., plans to convert a recently acquired warehouse into a sawmill.
- Hines Supply, a subsidiary of US LBM, opened a full-service building supply center and design showroom in Grayslake, Ill.
- Baillie Lumber in Hamburg, N.Y., acquired American Hardwood.
- US LBM acquired Jones Lumber in Boca Raton, Fla.
- Royal Building Products in Marion, Va., added U.S. Lumber to its Southeast and Mid-Atlantic distribution network.