- Baillie Lumber in Hamburg, N.Y. acquired American Hardwood.
- US LBM acquired Jones Lumber in Boca Raton, Fla.
- Royal Building Products in Marion, Va., added U.S. Lumber to its Southeast and Mid-Atlantic distribution network.
- ABC Supply will expand its showroom at its location in Medford, Mass.
- Brown Lumber in Traverse City, Mich. was acquired by Northern Building Supply.
- The Klausner Group, an Austrian lumber company, will build a $130 million sawmill located near Live Oak, Fla.
- Prime Lumber in Thomasville, N.C., added three new kilns to fuel its growing international export business.
- Do it Best opened a retail service centerin Sikeston, Mo.
Mercer Industries will cease manufacturing and lay off 70 employees at its Denney Road location in Beaverton, Ore.
- Gulf State Lumber in Tyler, Texas, will close its doorsydusvvzf after 85 years of operation.
- Mountain Lumber will move its manufacturing operations from Ruckersville, Va., to W.Va. this month.
- Rough and Ready Lumber, which shut down last year in Cave Junction, Ore., will reopen this summer.
- Hixson Lumber Sales will add a mill and employ 40 new workers at its location in Magnolia, Ark.
RSI Professional Cabinet Solutions expanded its Mira Loma, Calif., plant by 50,000 square feet. The expansion is expected to double the output of its frameless cabinetry production.
- McKenzie Building Center in Watford City, N.D., added a drive-through storage building.
- Investment company Cornerstone Building Alliance acquired J.P. Hart Lumber in San Antonio.
- York Building Products in Pennsylvania acquired New Holland Concrete.
- Beacon Roofing Supply opened a branch in Sioux Falls, S.D.
- Dal-Tile will build a tile manufacturing plant and distribution center in Dickson, Tenn.
- West Fraser acquired Travis Lumber's sawmill and lumber manufacturing operations in Mansfield, Ark.
- Rough & Ready Lumber in Cave Junction, Ore., will reopen with the help of $5 million in tax credits and loans.
- Brands, a Columbus building supplier, will join the Bender Lumber family.
- Carter Lumber combined its operations in Medina and Akron, Ohio, rebranded the Akron facility as Carter Lumber, and moved its Sheffield Village, Ohio, yard into a new facility in the Cleveland suburb of Elyria, Ohio.
- Riverhead Building Supply received IDA tax benefits to expand its Calverton, N.Y., facility to include a warehouse and millwork manufacturing facility to produce doors, windows, and custom millwork.
- Star Lumber & Supply is building a 24,000-square-foot storage structure at its distribution yard in west Wichita, Kan.
- Since May 2013, Roofing Supply Group has acquired the two-unit Supreme Building Productsin Tuscaloosa, Ala., and opened new stores in Jacksonville, Fla. and Hawthorne, Calif., Charleston, S.C., Canton, Ohio, White Oak, Penn., and Colorado Springs, Colo.
- Millard Lumber opened a branch in Spring Hill, Kan.
- Carter Lumber closed its yards in Sheffield and Medina, Ohio.
- E&W Building Materials in Headland, Ala., closed its doors this month.
- The Columbus, Neb.-based Mead Lumber branch moved to a new location.
- Gulf State Lumber in Tyler, Texas, closed after 85 years of business.
- Kimal Lumber opened a new, drive-thru lumber yard in Sarasota, Fla.
- ABC Supply will open a new branch in La Crosse, Wis., on Feb. 17.
- Interfor acquired the assets of Tolleson Lumber for $180 million.
- Roofing Supply Group will expand by opening a location in Plano, Texas.
- ProBuild will shutter offices in Winona, Minn., and La Crosse, Wis.
- Stone's Home Centers opened a new building supply and hardware store in Quitman, Ga.
- Moore & Carter Lumber closed its doors in Sanilac County, Mich.
- Gordon Lumber CEO Gary Farber announced the company is closing its Tiffin, Ohio, branch, reopening its Findlay, Ohio, location and moving its component plant in Oak Harbor, Ohio, to Findlay.
- Ridgefield Supply in Ridgefield, Conn. will remodel its entire 4.5 acre lumberyard and facility to build up to 10 brand new structures.
- Princeton, Idaho-based Bennett Lumber Products will reopen the Guy Bennett Lumber Mill in Clarkson, Wash., citing an improving housing market and a favorable court decision as the reason.
- Go Green Building Supply,a roof coating and hurricane window company based in New Jersey, opened a location in Delray Beach, Fla.
- Armor Building Supply in Canandaigua, N.Y., will open a store and move its metal center to Hornellsville, N.Y., with an expected opening date in April.
- Chicago-based L&W Supply opened a new branch in Hyattsville, Md., to service the D.C. area.
- Canadian mill Miramichi Lumber in New Brunswick, Canada has closed its doors due to owing the province hundreds of thousands of dollars.
- Drexel in Campbellsport, Wis., will open a fifth location in Wrightstown, Wis., under the management of team leader Nick Whitty.
- Star Lumber in Somersworth, N.H., will close after the site was sold to make room for retail space.
- Granger, In. company Big C Lumber acquired the assets of Lutterbein Lumber in Edgerton, Ohio.
- Graco Supply will open a new location in Kent, Wash., to serve as a distribution center for the Pacific Northwest.
- The assets of Worzella Lumber in Franklin, Wis., were purchased by Zuern Building Products, based in Allenton, Wis.
- Retailer Lowe’s opened a location in Yakima, Wash. that will feature 94,000 square feet of retail space.
- Houston-based Quanex Building Products acquired the assets of Atrium Windows and Doors's Greenville, Texas, facility.
- CRH Plc in London acquired six ready mixed concrete plants and aggregate quarries from Lafarge in western Colorado, as well as certain assets of JEH Company, comprising a single-branch roofing distributor located in Houston, and the assets of Fogleman Builders Supply, a four-branch distributor of gypsum wallboard, metal studs, and roofing products based in Jacksonville, Fla.
- South Regal Lumber Yard, Spokane, Wash., will relocate later this year to a new facility featuring a drive-thru lumberyard on East 57th Ave. in Spokane.