This week's industry briefs:
- Dealer-owned co-op Handy Hardware told members last week that private equity firm Littlejohn & Co., Greenwich, Conn., plans to purchase the company.
- Freddie McWhorter, Clay Building Supply, London, Ky., will serve as president of the Kentucky Building Materials Association. Calhoun Salyer, Van Hoose Lumber, Prestonsburg, Ky., was named a dealer director for 2013, and John Congleton, Congleton Lumber, Lexington, Ky., joined the board as secretary for 2013.
- David Lester was named general manager of ProBuild’s location in Fergus Falls, Minn.
- Snavely Forest Products added the following positions to its Dallas location: Lena Rink, Typar specialist; David Cunningham, operations manager; and John Owens, inside sales representative.
- Boral is partnering with Amerhart to expand distribution of its TruExterior Trim in Wisconsin, Minnesota, and Iowa.
- Perennial Wood is expanding its presence in the Northeast with four new dealer partnerships: Humphrey Building Supply, Tiverton, R.I.; Timberline Enterprises, Gloucester, Mass.; Shrewsbury Lumber, Worcester, Mass.; Marine Home Center, Nantucket, Mass.
- Green Diamond Resource Company achieved Forest Stewardship Council (FSC) certification for its forest management standards while The California Redwood Company completed its chain of custody certification under FSC standards.