This week's openings, closures, and acquisitions news:
- ABC Supply’s Sparks, Nev., facility is moving to a new location that’s double the size—25,200-square-feet—of its current yard in the city. The new location will open in early May.
- LMC added Builders’ Choice, Anchorage, Alaska, giving the co-op a presence in all 50 U.S. states.
- A-Plus Building Supply is moving its New Haven, Conn., location to a larger facility.
- Timberline Lumber and Building Materials, Gloucester, Mass., bought the 103-year-old Gove Lumber, Beverly, Mass., for $1.3 million. The location will operate under the Timberline name and will keep as many as eight of Gove’s 10 employees.
- Kuiken Brothers will move operations at its leased Ogdensburg, N.J., location to its Wantage and Succasunna, N.J., locations to improve efficiency.