This week's industry news:
- BlueLinx raised $40 million in its rights offering that closed March 29 and says it will use the proceeds to pay down its debt. At the offering's close, the company’s private equity investor Cerberus owned 54.4% of the company.
- Harvey Building Products, Waltham, Mass., named Jim Barreira as its president.
- Sherwood Lumber, Islandia, N.Y. bought Portland, Ore.-based Talon Forest from AFA Forest Products, Bolton, Ontario.
- TimberTech rolled out a consumer-focused “Straight Talk” Q-and-A online platform, which allows users to submit product-related questions to in-house subject-matter experts.
- Fomo Products received GreenGuard certification for 13 of its low-pressure spray polyurethane foams, sealants, and adhesives.
- Eastman’s Perennial Wood was named a Green Certified Product by the Home Innovation Research Labs, previously known as the National Association of Home Builders’ Research Center, for meeting National Green Building Standard criteria.