- Horstmeier Lumber Co., Baltimore, will close Dec. 31 after 135 years in business.
- Ace Hardware Corp. bought the Lenexa, Kan.-based Westlake Ace Hardware chain for $88 million. This also reportedly marks the first time that Ace, a co-op, will own stores.
- McCoy’s Building Supply opened a yard in Taylor, Texas.
- Koopman Lumber opened a new Koopman Paint location in Sharon, Mass.
- CNRG acquired Habersham Hardware, which has two stores in Cornelia, Ga., and Clarkesville, Ga., that sell lumber, hardware, plumbing, appliances, paint, and tools.
- ProBuild closed its yard in Cherry Hill, N.J., in November 2011.
Check out ProSales' list of openings and closures since 2008. And tell us if there are any we missed.