The Northeastern Retail Lumber Association (NRLA) recognized on Jan. 25 11 lumber persons of the year, gave one lifetime achievement award, and presented a special award related to its youth group.
The Lumber Person of the Year awards were from 11 of the regional lumber groups that comprise the NRLA. The groups and the honorees were:
- Central New York Retail Lumber Dealers Association: Floyd Calkins, ONEtree Distribution
- Eastern New York Lumber Dealers Association: Tim Wiley, Wiley Brothers
- Lumber Dealers Association of Connecticut: Sheldon Kahan, Interstate + Lakeland Lumber
- Long Island Lumber Association: Dana Schnipper, JC Ryan EBCO/H&G LLC
- Mid-Hudson Lumber Dealers Association: Karen Page, H.G. Page & Sons
- Massachusetts Retail Lumber Dealers Association: Charlie Smith, BROSCO
- New Hampshire Retail Lumber Association: Frank Quinn, Lamb & Ritchie
- Northern New York Lumber Dealers Association: Dennis Haggerty, Huttig Building Products
- Retail Lumber Dealers Association of Maine: Frank Rankin, Rankin's
- Rhode Island Lumber and Building Material Dealers Association: Bruce Charleson, Arnold Lumber Co.
- Vermont Retail Lumber Dealers Association: Norman Greenberg, H. Greenberg & Son
In addition, the New York and Suburban Retail Lumber Association gave its Lifetime Achievment award to Joseph Lauto of Great Jones Lumber. And the Northeastern Young Lumber Executives gave their Robert J. Horne Jr. CHIPS award to David Gluck of NRLA.
The presentations took place during NRLA's LBM Expo at the MGM Grand at Foxwoods Resort in Connecticut.