The National Lumber and Building Material Dealers Association (NLBMDA) today announced its new leadership positions for 2014-2015. J.D. Saunders, president of Economy Lumber in Campbell, Calif., will succeed outgoing chair Chris Yenrick, president of Smith Phillips Building Supply in Winston-Salem, N.C., as the association's chair.
Scott Yates from Denver Lumber in Denver moved into the role of chair-elect, meaning he's next in line for the position. NLBMDA selects new officers based on the previous year's position. For reference, Saunders was the chair elect for the 2013-2014 year.
"J.D. is a great example of a lumber dealer that realized the impact they could have on the industry and their own business by participating in NLBMDA, and now I am very happy to work with him as the chair of our association for the next year," said NLBMDA president and CEO Jonathan Paine.
"I also want to thank Chris Yenrick for his time, his effort, and the great association advances we've made over the last year to give the association and our member companies a better foundation as we build on the improving economy around the United States," added Paine.
The other newly-elected officials are as follows:
- First Vice Chair: Davis Boland, from Boland Maloney Lumber in Louisville, Ky.
- Second Vice Chair: Michael Cassidy, from TW Perry in Gaithersburg, Md.
- Treasurer: Scott Engquist, from Engquist Lumber in Harcourt, Iowa
- Manufacturers and Services Council Chair: Gary Nackers, from Do it Best in Ft. Wayne, Ind.
- Federated Association Executives Chair: David Garrett, from Eastern Building Material Dealers Association in Lancaster, Penn.
- Immediate Past Chair: Chris Yenrick, from Smith Phillips Building Supply in Winston-Salem, N.C.
- President and CEO: Jonathan Paine from NLBMDA in Washington