This week's dealer, distributor, and manufacturer news:
- BMC received seven citations and a $41,000 fine from OSHA for workplace hazards that included lack of machine guarding and exposed electrical wiring.
- Andy Brown, who owns Brown Lumber & Building Supply in Columbia, Ala., was appointed as 2013 chairman of the board for the Construction Suppliers Association.
- Past Western Building Material Association executive director Ross Kincaid died Wednesday, Jan. 2. He was 100.
- Associated Building Material Distributors of America, El Dorado Hills, Calif., agreed to distribute Fiberon decking and railing products.
- Illinois Tool Works opened a 21,000-square-foot office and testing laboratory in Orlando, Fla.
- Crystal Window & Door Systems redesigned its corporate website to add product information and other pro-oriented features.
- CertainTeed is featuring the winner of its Facebook home-makeover contest in a 10-episode online video series documenting the process of renovating a 112-year-old farmhouse.
- Barrette Outdoor Living acquired Railing Dynamics Inc. (RDI) to expand its presence in the two-step distribution market while giving RDI’s distribution partners access to its big-box retail business.
- Skytech, which makes fireplace and HVAC control systems, acquired part of outdoor-products maker Fire Gear and its firegear brand.