The Construction Suppliers Association named Andy Brown as chair of its 2013 board of directors. The full board list, plus an interview with Brown. (Upload PDF)
- Cassity Jones, founder of the Texas dealer Cassity Jones Lumber, died Jan. 21 at his Longview, Texas, home. He was 94. Read more.
- The International Builders' Show and the Kitchen and Bath Industry Show will be co-located in Las Vegas beginning in 2014, the two associations announced at IBS Jan. 22.
- Interfor agreed to buy Rayonier Inc.'s wood-products division for $80 million.
- 84 Lumber collections manager Jim McCorkle retired Jan. 18 after 35 years with the company.
- ProVia opened a 54,000-square-foot door and window distribution center at its corporate headquarters in Sugarcreek, Ohio.
- CertainTeed will open an asphalt roofing shingle manufacturing facility at a location that’s still to be determined in the Midwest.
- Milwaukee redesigned its website to allow visitors to more easily find product information.
- Wilsonart partnered with NSF International on a new product-category rule for reporting the environmental impact of a residential countertop products through their entire life cycle.
- Uponor’s 2013 commercial-focused, 13-webinar series will feature informational and how-to sessions for working with its PEX product.
- Boxman Studios, which deals in modified shipping containers, launched a building-products division that will focus on adapting decommissioned shipping containers as architectural elements.
- The American Architectural Manufacturers Association and The Window & Door Manufacturers Association released their joint annual report on the window, door, and skylight markets. Read the full announcement.
- The U.S. Department of Transportation updated and added to its list of safety regulations for truck drivers. The Mid-America Lumbermen’s Association compiled a list of the changes here (upload PDF)