Christopher Yenrick was promoted to president and CEO of Smith Phillips Building Supply; David St. Clair was named the company’s executive vice president and CFO.
- Siewers Lumber and Millwork CEO Johnny Siewers and chairman Freddie Siewers Jr. were named to the Greater Richmond Business Hall of Fame.
- The Construction Suppliers Association has launched its Building Materials Operations Comparison Survey. You can fill it out here.
- National Public Radio included 84 Lumber's component manufacturing capabilities in a recent story about how the construction industry is coming out of the recession having learned how to do more with less. NPR reports that dealers are builders are teaming up to use component manufacturing, modular floor plans, and automated planning systems to cut down the time and number of workers on the job site. Read the story.
- Dave Adams was named general manager of Snavely Forest Products in Dallas.
- Lincoln Windows and Timeline Vinyl Windows announced Mark Klosner and Greg Klosner of the Klosner Company will represent the firms at dealers in North Dakota, South Dakota, Iowa, and parts of Minnesota.
- Marvin Windows and Doors received a 2013 Community Impact Award from Minnesota Business magazine for its efforts to bring and retain jobs to a community within the state.
- ENAP named the following as its 2012 Building Products Vendors of the year: PrimeSource Building Products, USG, Atrium Windows and Doors, and MasterBrand Cabinets.