The National Lumber and Building Material Dealers Association (NLBMDA) installed its new leadership team Oct. 23 at the ProDealer Industry Summit in Nashville, Tenn.
The NLBMDA board of directors elected Chris Yenrick chair of the association. Yenrick, president of Smith Phillips Building Supply in Winston-Salem, N.C., replaces outgoing chair Chuck Bankston, president of Bankston Lumber in Barnesville, Ga.
"I am privileged to serve as chair of NLBMDA, following the many great lumber dealers before me. Our companies have very close ties and long histories with the communities we serve, so this local focus sometimes leads us to lose sight of national issues that can impact us close to home,” Yenrick said.
"I look forward to working through NLBMDA to increase the awareness and involvement of independent and national chain dealers to present a strong and united front to advocate for business conditions that will be conducive to our long term success,” he said. “Lumber yards and our industry have a time honored tradition of serving a vital role in the American dream of home-ownership. NLBMDA is our voice to help preserve that role into the future."
Also named to the 2013-2014 NLBMDA Executive Committee are:
- Chair-elect J.D. Saunders, Economy Lumber, Campbell, Calif.
- First vice chair Scott Yates, Denver Lumber, Denver, Colo.
- Second vice chair Davis Boland, Boland Maloney Lumber, Louisville, Ky.
- Treasurer Linda Nussbaum, Kleet Lumber, Huntington, N.Y.
- Manufacturers & Services Council chair Roger Dankel, Simpson Strong-Tie, McKinney, Texas
- Federated Association Executives chair Rita Ferris, Northeastern Retail Lumber Association, Rensselaer, N.Y.
- Immediate past chair Chuck Bankston, Bankston Lumber, Barnesville, Ga.
- President Michael O'Brien, NLBMDA, Washington, D.C.