Building Material Dealers and People in the News - May 2012
- Peabody, Mass.-based Beacon Roofing Supply promoted Kent Gardner to executive vice president of the company’s western division, where he will oversee the Shelter Distribution-Midwest, Shelter Distribution-Southwest, and Pacific Supply units.
- K-I Lumber, based in Louisville, Ky., is celebrating its 80th anniversary this year. The company began as a one-unit operation in 1932 and now operates eight facilities with more than 200 employees.
- Charlie Meyers, vice president of sales and marketing at Ferche Millwork in Rice, Minn., is retiring.
- Central Network Retail Group's Gulf Coast region manager, Doug Gregory, was named one of 2012's Top Guns by the North American Retail Hardware Association.
- Goodman Building Supply, a dealer in Mill City, Calif., is celebrating its 57th anniversary this month.
- Mike Butts, a former ProSales columnist, has been named general manager at General Materials in Jackson, Mich. Butts most recently was director of installed sales at Stock Building Supply, following work as an LBM-industry consultant.
- Cedar Creek moved its regional distribution facility from Milan, Tenn., to a former ProBuild location in Smyrna, Tenn.
- Tom Klindt is now a project center manager at Kenyon Noble Lumber and Hardware in Belgrade, Mont.
- Bill Jensen has been named general manager at Builder’s Resource Group in Woodville, Wis.
- Hancock Lumber, a Maine-based building material dealer and lumber producer, was recognized by the Maine International Trade Center for it contributions to the state's international business community.