In Brief: November/December 2013
- The National Lumber & Building Material Dealers Association elected Chris Yenrick chairman. He is president of Smith Phillips Building Supply, Winston-Salem, N.C. Executive committee members for 2013–2014 include: chair-elect J.D. Saunders, Economy Lumber, Campbell, Calif., first vice chair Scott Yates, Denver Lumber, Denver; second vice chair Davis Boland, Boland Maloney Lumber, Louisville, Ky.; Linda Nussbaum, Kleet Lumber, Huntington, N.Y; Roger Dankel, Simpson Strong-Tie, McKinney, Texas; Rita Ferris, Northeastern Retail Lumber Association, Rensselaer, N.Y.; Chuck Bankston, Bankston Lumber, Barnesville, Ga.; president Michael O’Brien, NLBMDA, Washington, D.C.
- Weyerhaeuser Distribution’s Stockton, Calif., operations will relocate to a new site 7 miles away.
- *Newhall (Calif.) Lumber *was sold in October.
- Milwaukee–based Bliffert Lumber opened a seventh location at the site of the former Wolohan Lumber in Fort Wayne, Ind.
- Maple Land and Timber is planning a $1.95 million expansion of its operation in Baldwyn, Miss.
- Tulsa, Okla.–based Building Solutions opened a 5.5-acre lumberyard and building supply depot, Kansas City.
- The Southern Forest Products Association elected: Joe Kusar of Illim-Tolleson Timber in Perry, Ga., chairman of the board; Scott Vande Linde of West Fraser in Germantown, Tenn., vice chairman; and, William Almond of Almond Brothers Lumber in Coushatta, La., treasurer. Tom Rice of Conner Industries, Fort Worth, Texas, will serve as immediate past chairman. Steve Conwell was reelected as SFPA president and Tami Kessler as corporate secretary. Aaron Lambrecht of Shelter Products, New Ulm, Minn., was elected associate director to the Northwestern Lumber Association board of directors, and Trent Peobody, of Lumber Mart West, Grand Forks, N.D., was named the group’s chairman.